16. Dug up

- Back to present time -

I stand there still looking at the photo I pick it up, and smash the glass I rip it in half and rip my face out of the photo.

She doesn't deserve to look happy

I look at his face and smile I drop to the ground and sob with the photo to my chest, I sit there for hours just crying and holding the photo to my chest but I remember I have money to dig up.

I get up struggling and walk towards my door, I don't take my keys or phone because I don't want anyone to know where I am or what I'm doing. I go into the shed and grab the keys to my motorbike it's a Harley Davidson a beautiful bike, I fill it up with fuel and leave towards the workshop when I get there all the memories are back.

The nights with him

I open the shop and go to the toolbox where I used to hide money but to hide 500,000 in here isn't my best idea but I try to look for the key for the safe and just my luck I can't find it, I grab a shovel and shut the workshop.

I get back on the bike and speed off towards the bush, I have to stop at the petrol station to fill the bike up and when I'm finished I get back on the road.

When I get there I look around for the tree I planted the money and other things, I finally pinpoint the tree and I run over I try to remember exactly where I put it and the image comes into my mind. I start digging and an hour later I hit a metal safe,

Bingo

I try to lift it but it's really heavy so I put the shovel under the safe and try to lift it out, I manage to get it up but the shovel snaps and hits me in the hip, and stabs me barley and blood is dripping through my shorts.

I get the safe out and stare at it in pain my hip is bleeding a lot but it should be fine for now I need to get this money, I remember that I threw the keys in a lake years ago because I never wanted to look at the money in there ever again. So new plan I get the shovel and start stabbing the safe with the metal side, I make a slit in the metal surprisingly and try to fit my hands in there but a small drop of blood appears on my hand so I stop.

I use the shovel to lift the metal up and it snaps nearly hitting my face, I see the yellow envelope and it haunts me nearly a million dollars sits in that envelope. But something catches my eye

A ring

Photos

Car keys

I don't focus on the other things especially the keys, I get the envelope and leave. I don't want to put this directly into Chases bank account because it could be evidence, before I leave I rip thin leaves off of a tree and wrap them around my hip and secure them with a type of string you can find in the bush.

I ride towards Chases house and my hip is now bleeding all down my leg and the November air is getting chilly, By where the sun is it's about 6 it took me 2 hours to get out here and Chases house is close to mine annoyingly. So I'm off towards his house when my hip starts to bleed a lot and I can't move it at all, I struggle to ride the bike but I need to get this money to him.

Or he will tell everyone

Everything

And I will be gone forever

When I get to Chases house my heart sinks, He's sitting in there not knowing who Is outside. I knock on the door and he steps to open it but he sees me and walks away, I can see him grabbing something.