60. One bullet

It's 5am and I need to leave, I get out of bed and find my clothes I chuck them on and go downstairs, I take some food and put it into a bag I hear Chase move upstairs so I run out to Lola.

I start the engine and drive off back towards home, Lola starts to stutter.

Fuel

Of course

I have to stop

Where all the cops are going to be

right when they are looking for me

I pull up to the petrol station I get out and open the door, I put the hose in and the fuel drips down into the engine. A cop is watching me I put my hoodie over my head and drop my sunnies down, He walks towards me and leans on Lola.

He looks at me again and I take the hose out and put it back where it belongs, I try to get past him but he stops me.

"We saw you and Chase"
"What were you doing with him Danielle?

"Sir, It's fucking 5am in the morning I have shit to do"

"Danielle Clarke"

"Don't call me Danielle"

"Why not?

"You know why you idiot"
"You have arrested me a million times, are you going to do it again?

"Danielle"

I grab his arm and twist my hands around it he groans and the heat burns him, He tries to grab my arm and push it down but I move both my arms onto his throat.

"Don't fuckin call me Danielle Clarke"
"Got it?

He nods and I let him go I get into Lola and drive off, I hear him cough and press his walkie-talkie.

He's asking for backup

I speed off towards the country roads and he follows me, I press my foot into the accelerator harder and he falls behind until multiple cop cars are behind and in front of me. I speed in front of them but they seem like they are trying to race, I stop and one car comes face to face with me, the light goes green and both cars are off.

My car falls behind and the engine blows up and is in flames, I brake Lola and I tumble onto the road and a cop is standing next to me, He looks down on me and smiles.

Then

He points the gun at me

And pulls the trigger

The bullet scrapes the side of my head and the blood drools into my hair and on the road, I get myself up and I grab him by the throat my grip is tight and my hands are pale, cops try to get my off of him but I let go and pick the gun up I put it to his heart and press the trigger.

There was only one bullet

He was trying to kill me

He knew he had the chance

And he only needed one bullet

I try to open his vest for more bullets until a cop tackles me to the ground, My head hits the ground again and the world goes dark.

Next thing I know I'm in an ambulance and the sirens are blaring, My eyes can't open properly and I can only see slits of the present moment, A paramedic is putting all types of needles in me and she tries to calm me down as I try to stand up.

Wow

My head fuckin hurts