24. Prep

I finished work on the car, I put a whole new engine in and painted it the original royal blue. She's looking good hopefully good enough to show everyone up at this race, My phone buzzes and I look down at the text, It's from Chase.

Call me

I call him and it rings for a while until he answers.

"Danielle"

"Chase"

"How are you feeling about the race?

"What do you care you're not racing"

"Nervous?

"I have shit to do so bye"

I hang up and look back at the car she's perfect, it's 5pm now so I go inside to have some dinner before the race, I make tacos and I eat them with Buddy by my side the whole time. I finish eating and then start to do the dishes, Buddy walks around the kitchen trying to eat food but he gets distracted by something.

Glass smashing.

What the fuck

I pull my hands out of the water and don't bother drying them, I rush out the front door and I see them the fucking bastards. I run back inside and grab the gun I load it again and rush outside I shut the front door so Buddy can't come out and possibly get hurt.

They are still smashing my windows so I shoot a bullet at one of them, It doesn't hit them but I keep shooting at them. They keep dodging them until one of them punches me in the stomach and then the eye, I punch them back and hit them with the gun to try and get them off of me.

I get up and grab the gun they are both towering over me but I'm not scared, I kick them both in the stomach and turn to see my car the windows are smashed and the tires are slashed, and something is written on the side.

Have a drink princess.

I can feel the anger building in my stomach, but I just stand there gun in my hand my fists clenching, I can hear someone coming behind me so I punch them and they fall down onto the gravel, I look at the car again.

I'm gonna fucking kill him

The other one comes and covers my mouth with his hand I try to scream but no sound comes out, I start to find it hard to breathe as he puts his other hand on my nose so I have no breath at all, I start to faint but I keep myself in this reality. I kick him in the pelvis with my foot and he tightens his grip on my face, I tilt my head back slightly and look at him my eyes are sore and my lungs feel like they are going to explode.

He tightens the grip even more and by this time I feel sick, I bite his hand and he lets go with blood dripping down his arm I punch him and he lays there on the ground with the other one, I know who they are they're Hugos little slaves, always getting them to do his fucking dirty work.

I stare at them and they are both looking up at me with surrender, I bend down onto my knees and say something to them.

"Good try fucking assholes, Tell Hugo if he wants to smash my windows come here himself and then we will have a serious problem, I will be seeing you at the race tonight won't I? Now leave my fucking property"

They stand up and hiss at me, I watch them leave and I wave goodbye, I look at my car and panic I'm meant to be racing tonight.

I run inside and get my bag, I pack the gun, a crowbar, Money, extra set of bullets, sugar, change of clothes, car keys and house keys. I say goodbye to Buddy and quickly feed him, I run out to the shed and grab 4 tires and all the tools I need, I quickly do the tires since those two assholes slashed them all.

I finish the tires and realise the glass is smashed all over the seats, I clean it off my seat and get in and start to drive towards the workshop. I check the time and it's 6pm the race is at 9pm so I better make it in time. I drive as fast as I can towards the workshop when I get there I run in and grab a can of spray paint, I go back out to the car and see the only colour I have is high lighter green it should be fine until I do the car again I spray paint over the words they inscribed into my car.

The windscreen Is not fully smashed I can still see through my side so it should be completely fine, I head towards the track so I can get some practice in not that I need it but anyway. The track is an hour away so I get there around 7:30 or something, I stare at the track and all the memories are back, I try not to cry and break down, I look up again and the sun is starting to set it puts a golden glow on the track.

I drive to the start of the track and when I stop the car I rev it and the engine roars, I start drive trying to get the speedometer up.

Speedometer = 100

Speedometer = 120

Speedometer = 140

Speedometer = 157

I stop the car and skid across the whole track, I got it up to 157 so I think the race should be fine. I explore the track until a car pulls up,

Miles.