32. These two

- Back to Dani's point of view -

I pick Hugo up by the shirt and slam him out of the car, We are in front of the police station and Chase is still breathing, any paramedic would of given him mouth to mouth but I'm not going anywhere near his lips right now, Hugo is laying on the ground and swearing at me suddenly a police officer comes running out hearing the commotion.

"What's going on here Ma'am?

I hear the words and look at him, He's an older man and he looks like your typical eats donuts while working cop,

"Hello officer, these two are absolute assholes and I'm turning them in"

"Right whose the guy on the ground?

"This is Hugo and the one in the car is Chase, he's injured"

"Right bring them in, I'll get Hugo you get the other one"

I thumbs up towards him and he doesn't look happy with the way I'm acting, He gets Hugo and he swears and kicks the officer, I get Chase and he mumbles something.

"I'm going to kill you Danielle"

"You can try Chase, But good luck"

I drag Chase into the station and place him down in a seat, he's bleeding everywhere and I hear an officer tell someone to take him to hospital, They take him away and ask me details for what happened.

"How did this stab wound come about"

"He fell on a knife, we were cooking dinner and the knife dropped and he fainted"

"Interesting"

I swallow and start to cry,

"Is he going to make it officer?

I'm now crying a lot,

"He should be fine we will interrogate him when he's in stable condition, But we would like to interrogate you Dani"

Oh no

I start to panic and my hands sweat the officer leaves and Hugo is sitting next to me,

"They're going to find out Danielle"
"No escaping it now"
"Miles and Scarlett aren't here to protect you"

My eyes are directed down to the floor and my head feels heavy, Hugo's words slice through me and reveal something.

The truth

"Hugo Santiago, come through please"

He shoots me a look and I keep my head down.

I wait in the lobby until a familiar voice echoes through the empty space, He turns to look at me and his eyes are on me but I continue to look down.

"I'm here for Mason Maddox"

"You here to bail him out again Jackie"

"Sure am, I might have to keep him on house arrest"

"That's probably a good idea, We are still finalising some things with his arrest but it should be about half hour"