64. Is it true?

TW- abuse

My eyes are fluttering open and shut and Emma is standing above me the knife in hand, She's still on the phone with my Mum and I try to scream, I stand up and my stomach spits out with blood Emma looks surprised and tries to plant the knife in me again, I hold the knife and break it, it shatters on the floor and Emma picks up a shard and cuts me on the arm.

Mum speaks on the phone and I pick it up and start to talk, Emma holds a shard to my heart and presses it deeper.

"Mum?

"Danielle, Is it true you killed Dylan and Dad?

"Yes"

Mum screams into the phone and it's a shock to the ears, She cries and I try to talk but she continues screaming.

"You cant win in this situation Danielle" Emma says

I fall to the floor and cry, Emma throws the shard in my direction and it cuts me on the shoulder, My anger starts to rise up until I'm holding Emma in a chokehold against the wall. She gags for air but my grip tightens on her throat.

"I've witnessed deaths Emma, Trust me I have seen it all but holding you in a chokehold has to be top 5, You are a horrible person and so was your husband, Neither of you deserved to live especially in my story"

"You wouldn't be the person you are today without us Danielle"

"I would have got by just fine, You and Thomas abused me and you weren't even part of my racing career yet you abused me constantly, Every night you would have your hands on my throat, the same position you and I are in right now"

I drop Emma to the ground and she coughs deeply for air, I bend down and pull her shirt until we are face to face.

"I'll be back Emma, but this time you will leave in a body bag and I will bring backup"

"Who are you planning to bring Danielle?

"Chase Miller, after this he might have a couple that he killed with his bare hands"

"Good try Danielle, You won't find me here"

"I'll find you Emma"

I let go of her and her head hits the wall, I pick up my gun and get my keys, I drive to the hospital and when I get there they stitch me up and I leave, They told me to be more careful but I have people to fight, Careful isn't a word any of us will be using.