28. The truth

- Tw - Abuse

I vomit more and the world spins, my head hurts and my eyes close every second that ticks, Chase has run away in his car I know where he's gone but I can't be fucked going there, Scarlett is with me and Miles she is bashed up and bruised, her eyes are extremely red from crying and her legs are covered in scratches and scrapes, I am holding her hands in mine and Miles has his arms around her, we are sitting on the track everyone's left and I got my money. Hugo was pissed when I won but after the whole Chase thing he backed off and gave me the money.

I don't want to push Scarlett to talk so Miles and I just sit here with her, I give Miles a look and he kisses Scarlett on the side of the head she smiles and looks up at me.

"I think I'm ready to talk now"

"Okay" Miles and I both say, We stay in the same position hand in hand arm around her.

"When he got angry he hurt me, He would slap and punch me sometimes I always tried to get out of his grip but"

She starts to cry again, I hold her hands tighter and Miles plants another kiss on the side of her head.

"Scarlett take some deep breaths sweetie, Miles and I are here we have both had to deal with Chase and we know how much of a handful he is"

"He killed your Uncle Thomas Danielle"

"You can call me Dani sweetie"
"I know he killed him, and I will never forgive him for that, But he hurt you Scarlett I have to do something about that"

"I want to get a divorce from him"

"That's perfectly understood"
"I am taking him to court"

"For what?

"For the murder of my Uncle and for the multiple other murders"

She cries again and Miles kisses her again.

"Dani"

"Yeah"

"I'm pregnant also"

My jaw drops and so does Miles, I try to talk but my words are stuttered.

"Scarlett what?

"I'm pregnant, I found out a week ago but I was too scared to tell Chase"

"You thought he was going to hurt you? Miles asks

She cries again this time louder and my hands are tighter.

"I wanted to tell him but...

"Stop Scarlett you don't need to explain yourself to Miles and I"

"Thank you Dani"

Miles and I hug her, "Do you need somewhere to stay? I ask.

"Is that okay?

"It's more than okay sweetie come on"

I help her up from the ground and Miles helps me, I hug her again to make sure she's okay, I lead her towards my car when Miles stops me.

"Call me if you need anything yeah?

"I will, Are you sure you don't want to come with me to make sure Scarlett's okay?

"No Dani I'm fine I think you have it handled"

"It would make Scarlett feel safer"
"And I know you are starting to catch some feelings there"

"What no"

"Miles I'm not stupid"

"Fine I like her, But right now is not the best time for me to tell her"

"Yeah, So you coming?

"Yeah, I'll grab some food on the way I'll be at your house in an hour"

"Okay"

Scarlett is already in the car, and I sit down next to her,

"You can tell me anything Scarlett, Please know that"

"Thank you"

"Cmon let's get out of this shit hole"

She laughs and we drive off into the pitch black night.