36. She needs it

- Miles point of view -

I'm walking to the cafeteria with Scarlett and Hazel until Scarlett talks,

"I love Dani I do, but she needs help"

"We've known that for years Scar, She would disappear when we mentioned it? Hazel and I say,

"Disappear where?

"We don't know but she'd be gone for days weeks sometimes months, We couldn't find her no one could It's almost like she died and her entire existence just never happened"

"What did she normally take with her? Scar asks

"A gun, clothes, water and knives and Lola"

"When was the last time she went do you know?

"I don't know I only started taking to her again nearly two months ago so no idea" I say

"I know"

"Haze how? what? when?

"Yes she went again"

"How long"

"A week"

"A WEEK!

"I think so, I don't know how she got there she didn't have Lola or her everyday car, She left Buddy and I went there to see her but no sight of her Buddy was hungry and tired. I fed Buddy and looked for any traces of her being there her car was there but the internet was off and all the power and water"

Scarlett looks at me worried.

"Scar don't worry Dani is fine"

"She's not she disappears for weeks and months and acts like she's dead"

"I wonder where she goes? we all ask.

"I think Dani might need serious help" Hazel says

"What kind of help?

"Therapy for her alcoholism, and her mental health because I've seen her in some bad situations and she can go crazy if she has too, she puts up these defensive walls against people and she shuts them out and when they try and climb she pushes them down painfully"

"She wouldn't do that, I know her she just wouldn't do it"

"She might have too Miles, I love her but she's fucked up"

Scarlett tries to say something but I'm getting angry with Hazel, Dani is fine I'm sure of it.

"Miles"

Scarlett's voice slits my mind and my attention is on her, she looks horrified and she sits closer to me grabbing my hands and intertwining them with mine she holds them tight.

She's fighting something again

I look at her and ask her what's wrong, but she doesn't talk and the tears start to stream from her eyes.

"Scar what's wrong?

"Don't fucking call my wife Scar, Miles"

I hear the voice and it cuts through me every inch of my skin, I look up and see Chase his eyes are bloodshot and he's in a hospital gown.

I stand up and I'm face to face with him Scarlett tries to grab onto me but I get her off and Hazel holds her back, I look down at Chase's hands and his fists are clenching he brings them up to my face and they are bloody and cut, Nurses and strangers try to push us away from each other but his fists just come closer to my face.

My fists clench until my knuckles are white, I don't bring them up to Chase's face instead I bring them into his stomach, My punch hits him directly in the stomach and he falls back and grabs onto my arm I try to get him off me but his grip is tightening, He puts both his hands on my arms to hold me secure, He leans back and his head bumps against mine and the pain is excruciating my nose is pushed up and the blood starts to drip onto the grey hospital flooring.

He looks at me and tries to say something.

"Miles"

"What Chase"

"You better not be doing anything to my wife now Miles, otherwise we are going to have a problem you won't be able to solve"

"Chase seriously"

"What?
"Got something to say"

"You're wife and I had a great time"

His fists clenched again and he punches me directly in the face, I hold my nose and the blood spreads across my hands staining them red.

"I'm going to kill you Miles"
"Along with Dani"

"Get outta here Chase"

I punch him again and kick him in the shins, he falls back onto the ground and lays there nurses come out and take him to a room, I turn to look at Scarlett and she jumps in my arms.

"Hey hey you're okay yeah?

She continues to cry and Hazel joins the group hug we stay there for 2 minutes until a doctor comes out with news.

We all turn to look at him with desperate eyes for the news,

"She's stable and should be fine to go tomorrow"

We all jump excitedly and squeal that Dani is fine.

I need to look out for Chase

He can't hurt Dani

Or anyone