107. Last time

I get home and park the Harley against the tree, Uncles comes around the driveway and parks in front of the house. I get off the bike and open the door, Buddy comes running downstairs and jumps on me I push him off of me and go to the kitchen.

Uncles comes into the house and I start to get angry, I need to leave town asap the rivals know I'm here and if something happens I won't be able to live with myself, Mako comes in-front of me and tries to hug me.

"Scout go upstairs and pack a bag please, now" I say trying not to yell.

He goes up stairs all weepy and I look at Uncles, I look at him with fear running through my blood.

They scare me

They plant fear into people's minds

Family's

It's everywhere

I wasn't ever scared of Mum and Dad

Emma and Thomas

But the Rivals.

They were a different story they made sure your bones were shaking, fear was the only thing that got them to the top no that's a lie, they had guns, money, clubhouses over the country, hitmen, anger. They used it all to kill and leave no trace but there was one instance where they were caught, called out.

The case of Connor Hughes, I remember the night it was on the news 9 years ago 27th of April, I was with Mum, Dad and Dylan in the living room the only time we had ever sat like a family without knives being thrown, We were watching some stupid Australian reality Tv show when the news came on with a breaking story.

I looked at Dylan worried because I had just been in a massive fight at the track and 3 people were hospitalised, I was the one who put them in hospital. Dad turned the Tv up and we all looked at the screen blaring, The reporter suddenly said a sentence that shaped people's lives the way they feared gangs, it changed Australia for the worst.

"Lock your doors, Buy weapons, Move away do everything you can to hide......They are coming and they will not show you mercy"

I remember Mum looking at me she knew I was involved but I wasn't not with the Rivals, I had always been warned about them they always had a few members at races watching us like hawks seeing who was the best and they could get more income off, They asked me to join them once but once they saw Matt they ran.

The reporter kept talking and I listened I needed to know wether or not I had to run.

I was forced to run.

"A middle aged man Connor Hughes is the start of the Rivals kill list, He was found dead in his home in Geelong, Victoria on the 26th of April. There is no information as to why he was the first target but Police have advised people to watch out everywhere, Police are investigating his death as his body was left at the home, The Rivals have been known for never leaving a trace but now they are purposely leaving clues and hints, If you see anything that would help the Police take down the Rivals please call them immediately. Australia has overcome multiple challenges, This may take us down...Stay safe"

The reporter smiles faintly but fear is painted on her face and she is shaking like a leaf in the wind, I look at Dad and he leans forward and grabs the remote he goes to change the channel and it's silent until Mum has her first stab at me for the night actually that's a lie she's had a go at me for not being social enough.