seven

"Fuck!" I whisper-yelled, watching my own fist meet the wall. It was not me. I didn't do that, not on purpose. I was out of control, again.

I can't be late. Not on my first day.

I quickly put some light makeup on, an oversized shirt and some baggy jeans. I didn't have the uniform yet, I was going to ask the principal about it.

Then I got my school bag, in which there was only a notebook and my lucky pen. Cringe.

While running to the bus station, I realized how lucky I was that the bus was just about to take its leave right when I arrived.

I got in and sat down all the way in the back, at the window.

The ride was... silent. No one looked my way, which I was grateful for. I hated being the centre of attention. It made me feel anxious, weird.

After not even fifteen minutes, we reached the destination.

"So this is JYP University?" I mumbled to myself.

Remember, you only got in because of your brother. Right.

I got off the bus and slowly entered the property, making sure I didn't bump into anyone.

Walking in, my eyes wandered around. This might have been the biggest building I've ever been in.

There were lots of students. It was kind of.. scary? I didn't know how to explain it. Large crowds made me feel somehow intimidated, I felt like everyone was looking at me, judging. At least that was what my mind enjoyed telling me.

He's looking at you.
She thinks you're weird..

They're staring at you.

Shut up.

Once again ignoring these thoughts, I mentally noted that I had no idea what my first class was. I didn't know where the canteen, the bathrooms or the principal office was. I didn't know anything.

Unaware of my surroundings, I observed around.

Do I have to ask someone? Hell.

I spotted a guy. He had blonde, curly hair. Beside him stood a short guy with raventte hair. They looked nice.

Not long after I got lost in my own thoughts, the two men were now in front of me.

"Hello, you look lost. Can we help?" the blonde spoke.

" I..um..principal office..?"

Will you ever stop embarrassing yourself?

"I'll lead you there! Bye, Changbin, I'll see you later!!"

And with that, he led me to another hallway on the second floor. 

"Are you new here?"

"Yeah.. I um.. I am." the stutter and mix of words exposed my anxiety.

"There's no need to be so nervous. Most people here are nice. By the way. I am Christopher! You can call me Chan, though."

"I'm Jisung. Han Jisung. Nice to meet you, Chan."

He smiled. Chan seemed really nice, to be honest.

"Oh, we're here! This is the principals office. I'll see you later, Jisung! Have a nice day!" his voice started to fade away as his body started to get smaller and smaller, till he disappeared into the hallway.

What a weird person, I shouldn't get too close to him..

Shaking my head, I hesitantly knocked on the door.

"Come in!"

While stepping in, I subtly scrutinized the office. Not big but not small either, lots of beautiful paintings being placed on the wall and some files on the principal's desk.

"Hello, Mr. I'm Han Jisung, I'm here for my schedule and uniform."

"Good morning, Han! I'll hand it to you right now."the man informed while arranging some papers. "Please stay still."

As time passed I grew more and more worried. How was I going to find the class?

You can't even find a class? Seriously? My mind judged and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Here, I hope your first day goes well. The lunch break is at twleve, till then you have to attend all your classes. Look for me if you need anything."

"Thank you, Mr Park." I said and he handed me a sheet of paper, some clothes and the key to my locker.

First class was English. That was fine, I was pretty good at that language.

I made my way to the lockers I first spotted when my feet stepped inside the school. I neatly placed the uniform on the shelf, along with my phone.

English class. I'll be late if I don't go now. Where the hell is it?

"Quick! We'll be late, Seungmin! Hurry up! The English classroom is just around the corner, run!!" I heard someone yell loudly and annoying.

Wait..

English class?

I ran after them, making sure they wouldn't see me since that would've been kind of bizarre. No way I heard them right when I needed it, that must be fate.

Luck is really on my side today, isn't it?

I actually made it to class right in time, the teacher already sitting at her desk. 

"Hello! My apologies, I'm late.."

I looked around the classroom. Everyone was looking at me. Anxiety was rising up, my body slightly shaking as it was getting harder and harder to breathe.

Please not now..

"You must be the new student! Han Jisung. I'm your English teacher, Mrs Lee! Please, take a seat."

My eyes examined the room while I was trying to keep myself calm. I spotted a seat, right beside a blonde freckled boy. Oh well.

"Can I..seat here..?" I guessed the stuttering wasn't going to stop any time soon because my inability of socializing kicked in, so I let it be.

"Yes, of course!" his voice was really deep and his accent wasn't Korean.

The boy smiled at me, his perfect teeth flexing. "I'm Lee Felix, by the way! You're Han Jisung, right?"

"Yeah.. Nice to meet you, Felix!"

And just like that, the first period passed quickly.
Looking at my schedule, I groaned. Science.

I still had around six more classes.. I should get going.