thirty

"Felix!" I whisper-yelled for the millionth time today as the guy beside me was sleeping. The teacher glared at me from time to time but I shrugged it off by smiling.

"Felix, I swear to God. Wake up, I need to tell you something!"

I attempted and kept on trying. If I wasn't going to tell him now I'd forget about it later.

"Jisung, what!" he shouted, not realizing we were in class since he had just woken up from a nap.

I quickly shut him up by covering his mouth with my hand but it was too late.

The teacher came to us in fast steps. "Please stop disturbing my class." Mr Lee spoke in a serious yet calm tone.

I nodded and lightly hit Felix's arm to which he let out a yelp.

"Okay, now listen to me!"

He looked at me and shook his head up and down.

"Do you remember those two cats? The ones me and Minho found. How about you come to my place after school and take them? Is that alright with you?"

His face lit up when I spelled the word 'cat'.

"Yes, I'm down! Let's walk together. I finish at one, you?"

"I finish at three. You can come over later, I'll ask Minho at lunch, the cats are currently at his place."

We agreed to meet at my house at four in the afternoon. Minho was finishing at the same time as me which meant we could go and pick up the cats together.

"I'll send you the address."

"Minho, wait!" I shouted when I saw the dancer leave the school and ran as fast as I could to catch up to him.

"I was going to wait for you at the gates but here you are." he spoke in a monotone voice, walking in front. "Let's get going, we don't have all day."

We exited the school by its big gates and quickly made it to the park which was quite close to Minho's house.

"The weather is really nice today," I said, trying to l lighten up the mood a bit. No, it wasn't awkward. It was just silent, Minho was quiet. "Isn't it?"

"That's right."

"Would you like to sit down and talk? We have enough time till four. What's wrong?" I suggested, lightly caressing his hand as we sat down on a bench in the park.

I could feel his negative aura— something had definitely happened and I was willing to help him just like he always cared for me.

"Jisung, one of the cats died." he said in a quivering voice after collecting his thoughts.

I knew how much he liked cats. I did too, I was a big fan of animals, and each one meant a lot to me. Being an empath made me want to save all of them.

"Oh, Minho.. come here." I said in a weak voice as I wrapped my hands around his warm yet freezing body.

I told him it will be alright and that it was not his fault, trying my best to let him know the kitten was in a better place now.

"I'm really sorry."

As much as I hated to admit it was already past 3:30 and we still had a long way to go.