twenty one

We arrived at my place after stopping by the store in the corner of my neighbourhood. We decided to cook pizza and muffins, and so we bought the necessaries for those.

I also bought blue hair dye.

Bbama was the happiest to see me. My poor boy, was left all alone..

It was now half past twelve. I told Minho he could go to school, at least for the last two classes he had today. He declined, he said he'd rather spend time with me than there.

"So what do you want to do?"

"I thought you had an idea..?"

We both looked at each other and started laughing. There was nothing funny but we were both amused by each other's dumbfounded faces.

"Let's binge-watch a series!" I suggested.

"How about we do something productive, such as studying?"

He knew exactly what to say to make me mad. I whined, clearly showing him that I had no intention of even opening the book.

"Fine, let's watch something!" he chuckled, though his expression soon changed to a serious one. "but I choose."

I was fine with that, I was really doubtful anyway.

"Let's watch... A whisker away!"

Without commenting, I turned on the TV and looked up on Netflix. He got comfortable on the sofa as I pressed 'play'.

I first went to the kitchen and grabbed two glasses of water.

"Would you like some snacks? We bought popcorn earlier."

He agreed so I brought it. I sat down next to him and started to watch the movie, cuddling Bbama whom I missed the most.

"I hope it's not sad."

He scarcely smirked but kept his mouth shut.

About three hours ago, according to Minho, I fell asleep when a wave of exhaustion washed over me.

I woke up to the smell of pancakes coming from the kitchen. For a second I thought it was my mom— it smelled the exact same.

Nostalgia got the best of me, it got me feeling emotional. I missed my mom, everything about her. She wasn't the perfect parent but her being there was enough.

I got up and went to check what was going on.

"What are you doing?"

He jumped at my sudden statement, probably not expecting me to be up already.

"I was going to surprise you.."

We both exchanged baffled looks. I was sincerely not expecting that. Me, waking up to Minho, cooking in my kitchen. It felt fictitious.

"Surprise..!?" he giggled after speaking like he always did.

I managed to sit down at the table and patiently wait for the food, just like a proud parent waiting for their children's portrait of themselves.

He sat in front of me and placed the pancakes in the middle. He chose chocolate and honey as fillings.

"Eat up, Sung."

I noticed the way he kept calling me 'Sung'. It was a cute nickname, not going to lie. I liked it.

His actions melted my heart. Is this what it feels like to be cared for?