forty

I woke up with a terrible headache and my whole body felt numb because of no one other than him.

"I told you to not drink a lot!" he argued.

"Well I- you- shut up!"

He giggled as he, finally, got off of me. I let out a loud sigh of release I was holding in the whole night.

"It's really cold." said a freezing Minho.

"No shit! It's raining outside, of course it's cold."

"But it wasn't cold last night."

"Yeah, that's because you fucking sat on me! You might be older but you just proved who's smarter." I proudly remarked.

He rolled his eyes, walking to the bathroom.

My head hurt so bad I wanted to slam it against a wall to make it stop although I knew that would just worsen everything. I was used to feeling like this.

I made my way to my bathroom, the one upstairs, and brushed my dishevelled fading blue hair and my teeth.

My face was still full of make up, although it was now ruined. I wiped my face and washed it.

I quickly finished my routine and headed downstairs where Minho was already cooking something. I noticed the way it almost stopped raining which was lowkey weird since it was pouring just a few minutes ago.

Shrugging my shoulders, I sat down at the table in the kitchen, patiently waiting. Bbama was eating the food given by Minho.

"I think I'll have to leave sooner today." he spoke up while turning the electric stove off.

I hummed and told him that it was alright.

He put two plates and split the omelette in half. He added some tomatoes and cheese as well, he knew I liked those two combined a lot.

He knows you too well.

We ate in silence, casually talking from time to time. I knew that he had to leave soon, I knew that after he left I would be met with nothing but loneliness, I knew it all.

I also knew that I had to decide on letting him go, now. I was not risking it again, it was something the world was imposing on me to do.

Cut him off.

"Bye, Minho! Stay safe." I said, waving at him.

It was still afternoon— four o'clock. The rain hasn't completely stopped and it was still cold inside my home. Not only my body, but my heart was freezing as I felt it break apart each time the clock ticked.

I didn't feel anything, just emptiness. I was left with nothing but an aching soul, that was right. Even if it hurt, so bad, I couldn't do anything about it.

He isn't coming back.

The familiar ringtone could be heard from the kitchen, signalling that someone was calling me. I rushed to it and picked up my phone.

"Unknown number?" I said out loud, confused.

I decided to answer— maybe it was someone from school, a teacher, it could be important.

"Jisung."

I regret picking up my phone and accepting the call.