twenty nine

Minho dropped me home, taking the cats to his place until we decided what to do with them. After saying our goodbyes, our ways were parted when Minho drove away.

"I'm home!"

My brother seemed to not be. I looked outside and realized his car was never here in the first place even though I saw it. I must be really tired.

I looked in the kitchen for a note, I looked on my phone for a message but nothing. It was already past ten, where is he?

He always used to let me know when he went out.

I went upstairs straight to the bathroom and took a warm bath, calming down my mind. There was a whole war happening inside of there— it was really overwhelming.

As my eyes closed for about five minutes I decided I should get up to prevent drowning. I was so tired I could have fallen asleep anywhere.

I got out of the bathtub almost slipping and falling down due to the water on the floor. I quickly did my routine and put on my pyjamas then left the bathroom.

Laying down on the bed, Bbama came by my side initiating that he wanted to be held. I carefully cuddled my dog, letting myself fall asleep after going through a hard day.

I woke up hyperventilating, gasping for the air my respiratory system was rejecting. I had another nightmare and this time I remembered every single detail.

It was about my brother. He was badly injured after an accident. The doctors said there was an unlikely chance of him surviving.

And I cried. I cried until I woke up because I was drowning in my own tears.

I went downstairs and looked for him. Nothing, so I decided to leave him a text.

Pressing 'send' after writing a long paragraph about how much I appreciated him, the phone turned off because of the low battery.

I spent the day playing with Bbama outside since it was sunny. I taught him more tricks and, at the same time, spoke to Felix about the cats— he said he could take the two cats which relieved both me and Minho.

Me and my best friend were going to talk to the said boy tomorrow, about the cats.

My brother replied as well. He said he was out of town until Wednesday, again. I really wondered who he was seeing and what he was doing, maybe he found someone?

But that wasn't my business. It was his and I should not get involved in his stuff, that was something he had always told me.

I gave Bbama more treats because he listened to everything I said. He was being treated like a literal prince; just like he deserved it.

Oh, Bbama, what would I do without you?

On a serious note, getting my dog was the best decision ever. He completed me.

"Come on, Bbama. Jump!"

He did a little jump and happily rolled on the floor, playing along. He was having more fun than I was and that made me happy.

"Good job puppy! Here." I instructed him to stay still until I gave him permission to eat the treat that was laying on his nose. "Wait."

"Good boy! Eat."

We played like this for hours. He made me forget about all my problems, I finally found a distraction and a best friend.

Around five in the afternoon, I got a bit hungry so I decided to cook some instant noodles, too lazy to make myself anything else.

I added some cheese, sauce and, of course, a boiled egg. That made the meal taste way better.

Before sitting at the table I gave Bbama some dog food to enjoy himself and not steal from my plate which was now almost empty.

After finishing my food, I put the dish in the sink and left it there, unbothered to wash it.

I made my way to the freezer and took the ice cream, going into the living room. I turned the television on and decided to watch an anime I had started a while ago but never got to finish since it had too many seasons and episodes.

I was already on season three episode twenty two, the last one. I heard it was really sad, so I mentally prepared myself before finishing it.

Hours passed by and I decided it was time for me to get ready for school. I turned the TV off and ran upstairs, quickly closing the door after Bbama.

I checked the time and it was around nine. I really spent five hours binge-watching an anime about humans being brutally eaten alive.

Minho, who was also watching this show, said that I and one of the characters were very much alike. Our names were also similar.

I didn't see it at first. Her personality was really bubbly and she always had a smile on her face, even in the saddest moments. She was always joking around, I admired her. Sadly, I was nothing like that. At least that's what I thought.

But, if I had to be one hundred percent honest, Minho gave me the vibes of someone as well. A brown-haired freckled girl who was apparently in love with another girl.

Well, that's what I understood from the way she was acting around the blue-eyed girl plus that love-goodbye letter.

It truly broke my heart.

I went to sleep thinking about the anime and how big of an impact it had on me. All the characters were nicely written, the story itself was mind-blowing and there were insane plot twists. I had no idea masterpieces like that existed.

Whoever recommended it to me shall live the best life ever, I thought.

I fell asleep while thinking about what could possibly happen in the next season, which happened to be the last one, curiously willing to watch it tomorrow after school if I had the opportunity to do so.