forty two

A week had passed. A week without talking to Minho, ignoring his desperate calls.

I knew that what I was doing was wrong on his behalf but I couldn't lose someone else anymore, my heart simply couldn't handle that.

My aunt was still here but, fortunately, she would be leaving soon.

I had to return to school today; it was Monday already.

Psychically ignoring my best friend was going to be harder than ignoring his messages, I was aware. Though I will try my best.

Stop. Thinking. About. Him.

I was going to miss our chats, our sweet moments together, his cuddles, his words and him. However, I was doing all of this for his safety, I wanted him to be safe and he could only be without me.

Maybe our souls were meant to meet but not in this life.

I sighed as I took my school bag and left for school, completely unmotivated. My mind was full of my brother, what were his last words? Was he scared?

Poor him.

I wanted to sit home and shed tears all day, that was all I did the previous week anyway.

And fight with that witch I didn't even know the name of.

I encountered the school property with a hood on. I was fully black-clothed, still in mourning after his death (unlike someone). Nobody noticed me outside which I was thankful for, but when I entered the school I was embraced in a big hug.

"Jisung!" a deep voice spoke.

I have to cut off everyone.

I hesitantly hugged the blonde back who wasn't planning on letting me go any time soon. I ruined our little moment when I gently pushed him away.

"Wait! Are you okay? What's going on?"

"I'm sorry." and with that, I ran away. First to my locker, then to my next class which was, of course, English. I sighed, knowing that I had to face Felix once again but not only— the smart boy too, Seungmin.

I rushed upstairs trying to ignore Felix's calls. I knew Minho had to be somewhere on the last floor so I wasn't going to run into him.

At least not any time soon.

I did forget someone, though.

"It's nice finally seeing you here!"

Chan.

"Hi, Jisung."

Changbin.

"Oh, hello! I didn't expect to see you two here." I said in a lowered voice.

"How are you?"

I told them I was great. I wasn't going to open up to anyone else ever again, I really couldn't let myself get close to other people. Befriending Minho was the wrong choice.

We all know what happens to wrong choices.

"Hyunjin told us you compose songs, he said you were amazing at it so we were wondering if you wanted to produce one with us." Changbin said as his ears reddened; just a bit.

"I'll see, thank you for the offer." sincerely, I badly wanted to do that. It was my younger self's wish, how could I reject it?

We parted ways as the bell rang, signalling that it was time for us to head to our next classes.

I entered the classroom and spotted my seat. Thankfully, Felix wasn't in yet. I sat down and opened my notebook, repeating the last lesson (the one I was last present to).