twenty eight

Friday passed by really fast and now it was Saturday. Minho suggested we should go somewhere 'secret' and wander around for a while. He said it would be fun, Bbama would be seeing another zone other than the town.

I agreed, after all what could go wrong?

I put on some nice outgoing clothes and some light makeup to hide my horrid eyebags. He said he would pick me up at four and it was already a quarter to the chosen hour, meaning he would be here soon since he wanted to always be on time.

A black eyeshadow close to the lash line followed by a tiny brown eyeliner to complete my eyes and some pink clear gloss to give my lips some colour was my choice of make up.

I quickly grabbed something to eat while replying to the messages Felix sent me.

Yesterday I spent the whole day with him. We became closer, he's a really nice guy. Always there for you when you need someone!

My phone rang as I was putting Bbama's leash on indicating that Minho, most likely, was waiting for me. I lastly wrapped myself in a jacket and left the house, locking the door.

I greeted him and got inside the car. He started to drive, putting some music on.

"So where is this secret place?" I asked, curious about where we were going.

"You'll see. I'm sure you'll like it, I always go there by myself."

"Oh, come on!" I whined, closing my eyes, then leaning back into the passenger seat.

Minho laughed it off and continued to drive as I petted Bbama and rested, watching the cars pass by and trying to imagine each person's life, what they were today, their financial status, how many kids they have and what their job was. It was something I always did on car rides for no other reason than entertain my boredom.

Right as Bbama was getting restless the car stopped and, apparently, we arrived at our destination.

"Let's go." Minho said and we both exited the car to enter a café.

"Don't worry, this isn't the place I was talking about. I just crave coffee." he smiled and looked across the street. "That isn't the secret place either."

I chuckled and ordered a coffee for myself as well and waited by the door with Bbama for Minho to finish buying his own.

Better not be, I thought.

After five minutes Minho came and we started walking in the opposite direction of the car, meaning we'll have to stroll. Perfect!

"That, Jisung, is the Han River. It's a place that makes me really happy. I never told anyone about it but I feel like you deserve to know." he said while pointing to a bridge and the water flowing downhill due to its force of gravity.

"We'll stay here, in this park and watch the water. I usually do that when I feel like I want to escape, you know?"

I nodded and thanked him for trusting me. We sat down on a bench and finished our drinks.

My finger was now in the air, pointing at the huge, white building. "Is that a hospital?"

My friend nodded. "A mental hospital."

"Oh." I ended up slightly moving my head up and down as well while my lips formed an 'o' shape.

Time passed by so quickly. It was already six, meaning we conversed for more than an hour.

"Should we walk around? The sun could be starting to set down anytime soon now."