eleven

I froze, wondering what the hell had just happened. What's his problem?

Gosh, I feel so dizzy. My head hurts like shit. What do I do now?

A sigh, coming from the depths of my chest, left my mouth as I walked inside the bathroom, still bewildered by Minho's actions.

I splashed cold water all over my face, hoping the feeling would go away. I didn't even know why I suddenly felt so down. I'm just overreacting, like always.

My next class was humanities and, even though it hurt, my body, my head, my heart, I still had to go to the lesson.

I walked around the empty hallways, stopping right by my locker. I took my phone out, gasping. 2:33? I have too much time left! What do I do?

For the first time in my entire life, I wanted the class to start faster. So, even though phones weren't allowed, I took it with me and sat down on the stairs that lead to the second floor.

Checking my email, a smile made its way onto my face. They told me all the details about the dog and he seemed perfect. I really want him.

I quickly messaged them back, asking on which day I could come and adopt him.

Now I just have to wait..

Every single time my phone beeped I excitedly glanced at it. All the notifications being unimportant, of course.

I stood up and went outside, praying that nobody would catch me.

Being the unlucky person I was, a teacher who happened to be passing by at the same time noticed me.

Where did the luck go?

She looked me up and down, raising an eyebrow. "Shouldn't you be in class?"

" I.. I was just.." I tried to form a sentence, the universe being against me as always.

"You shouldn't be skipping. Is that a phone? That's it. Detention after school."

Teachers here really were no joke.. how did I manage to get detention on my third day? How am I going to tell my brother? I'm fucked.

Truth be said it wasn't my fault that I got hit in the head and the teacher let me skip but I couldn't tell her that so I just accepted my fate.

My mother told me to never add fuel to the fire.

I bowed and went inside, uttering profanity to myself for not paying enough attention.

The loud noises caused by the students who were now leaving their classes awoke me, which meant I had to head up to my next class.

As I was climbing the stairs I saw Minho and quickly looked away. I can't face him, not now, maybe not ever.

I was a person who didn't like to face my own problems. I always ran away from them or slept. Sleeping was a getaway for me and it was my favourite thing to do.

Without acknowledging it I started walking faster, entering the now almost empty classroom looking for a good seat in the back.

Taking the seat right beside the white wall I rushed to it to claim it as mine. I was about seven minutes early so I decided to spare them by inserting my headphones into my ears and blasting music.

Right when I was about to relax, someone poked me. I groaned, angrily glaring at the person who disturbed me.

"Sorry, can I sit here?" a tall guy with brown hair said, pointing at the chair next to me.