thirty five

I was napping so good I didn't realize Minho had left. He probably got scared of my state. I thought, but man, I was so wrong.

He was down in the kitchen making something.

I felt like an ass. I never did anything for him yet he was treating me like I was the most important person alive. I was so useless it was unbelievable.

"Sorry for suddenly leaving. I wanted to make you some tea, it's the least I could do."

I wanted him to shut up. I didn't want any more warm words, I didn't want him to comfort me, I wanted him to leave me alone, I wanted him to go away and live his life, I wanted him to be happy.

And I knew he couldn't be happy with me.

But here I was, going against my own words, snuggling against him looking for a safe zone I could hide forever in. I had no idea friends were supposed to act like that.

It made me realize how fake our friendship was, the toxicity it held and how I was so blind and manipulated by it into believing it was healthy and that I was happy.

Our bond was fake.

I mentally thanked Minho for everything. He held my hand when I never thought I could. He helped me sleep when I was struggling, he assured me that everything was going to be fine.

Minho held me close, my head was right above his heart. I listened to his heartbeat as his chest moved up and down every time he breathed. I wished that I could stay here forever.

I was laying there with my head resting on my best friend's chest, listening to the steady beat of his heart. The sound of it gave me a sense of security and comfort, it made me feel so sleepy all over again.

It was like Minho's heart was a constant reminder that he was there for me, that he would always be there to protect and keep me safe. I closed my eyes, feeling the rhythm of the beat lull me into a peaceful state.

I smiled sadly, feeling safe.

Minho's arms tightened around my body, pulling me even closer. And I actually snuggled into his embrace, feeling so grateful to have him in my life.

What would I do without you, Minho?

The sound of the brunette's heart beating was like a soothing melody to me, and I knew that I could listen to it forever.

It felt like we were more than friends but less than lovers. We were just lost souls that completed each other. It was as simple as that— there was no need for romantic feelings to be involved.

"Sung, you have literal stars in your eyes." Minho began speaking.

"Yet your shoulders carry the whole world. You're too young and beautiful to feel this exhausted. You have so much to live for, don't give up now. You're doing well, Jisung."

I didn't deserve him. No one did, his heart was too pure for this harsh world.

"I have never let anyone get as close to me as I have let you. You know most things about me. You've seen most inches of my scarred body. I opened my heart to you, you saw the wounds and began healing them." I started, quietly sobbing, though without tears.