fifty.

The sun began showing its rays as it peeked through the white curtains, flashing right onto my face. I woke up, finally acknowledging the horrible migraine.

I looked to my left side, noticing nothing other than an empty chair sat at a table— a desk.

Another failed attempt?

My eyes wandered around the unfamiliar place, trying to find some clues about where, who I was and what happened.

The walls were painted a pastel yellow and the parquet was made from wood. The room was empty and the windows had bars; it almost looked like a prison.

Maybe I failed this time too?

I was perplexed and lowkey scared, my own thoughts betraying me.

Just when I was about to sit up the door opened, revealing a new face.

"Where am I? Who are you?"

The man— who I supposed was a doctor because of the white coat he was wearing— looked a bit baffled at my question.

He thought before answering. "This is a mental asylum."

What?

Rage filled my body as I heard what he had said. Why the fuck was I in a hospital? Not only, but psychiatric hospital?

I didn't know what I did.

Maybe I tried to end my life again but this time horribly failed. I looked at my arms, wrist, touched my neck and checked my pulse.

Everything was normal although I knew something was wrong.

I looked at the psychologist and he sweetly smiled at me. He looked familiar; I definitely saw this face before.

His eyes. Oh, they looked beautiful. Brown, a symphony of light and colour that captivated my soul. Within each iris laid a universe of warmth and depth, a reflection of the world around us.

Though I couldn't remember when or where I saw him. His features reminded me of someone and my heart hurt whenever that happened.

I was unsure why.

His hair did a little jump as he moved closer to my bed with some papers in his hands. He had dark eyes yet they gave a feeling of comfort; safety.

He was stunning, I wasn't going to lie.

"Do you not remember what happened?" he broke the silence.

"No.. I feel like I had just woken up from a very long fantasy."

He hummed in response, writing that down.

"I have been your psychologist for a few months now."

His words startled me for some reason. I visibly flinched, at what he reassured me I was going to be okay.

"So, do you not remember me? Or this place, at all?"

I shook my head. "Actually, I just woke up from a long nightmare, I think."

"I don't remember much from it but I could go into detail a little bit."

The psychiatrist nodded then he took a better ahold of his pen.

I stood in silence, trying to remember possible recollections.

My mind was showing me clues— such as a dog, school, café, the beach and then a park.

That was exactly what I told the doctor.

I looked at my wrist again, out of habit, flashbacks coming to me almost instantly.