1.9

At The Boyz base

Soon enough the clock once again hit 10 pm. Both Eric and Q were exhausted. The three of them had been drinking enough coffee to keep them awake for the next 10 years yet their body begged for sleep. "I'm going to bed, I think I can finish this tomorrow," Eric stated getting up from his chair and walking to the door before turning back.

"Heran, please just go and get ready for bed. You are hurting yourself this way." Eric's voice was ever so soft, soft enough to shush Heran straight to dreamland. "Don't worry Eric I'll just finish these last lines and I'll go to bed." Heran said back to the boy. Q also saved his documents and shut off his computer.

"I'll come back to check on you in an hour, if you are still behind your computer by then I'll just carry you to your bed myself, keep that in mind." Eric said before leaving the room together with Q.

Eric was certain that she would still be there in an hour, yet he also knew that once he was asleep he would not be able to wake up again afterward. Luckily he met Sunwoo in the hallway. "Sunwoo, I've got something to ask you."

"What is it? I was just about to go play some games." Sunwoo replied. "Could you go check if Heran is still in the computer room in an hour or so? I don't think she'll go to sleep." Eric asked in an almost pleading voice.

"Sure sure, what if she isn't in bed by then?" "I said I would carry her to her bed, you do whatever you think you should. Just make sure she gets in her bed somehow, she hasn't slept in 2 days by now." Sunwoo nodded after Eric finished. "I'll take care of it, you can go to sleep."

And as promised after 1 hour Sunwoo went to check whether or not Heran went to bed. To his surprise, the girl was actually still typing away on her computer. He could see her head falling down every few seconds. Her body showed clear signs of exhaustion.

"Heran?" Sunwoo voiced softly. "Mhm?" The girl turned around after hearing her name in a state of panic. "Let's go, I'll help you get in bed." Sunwoo Faltered. The weakened state of the girl made Sunwoo's mind fill with worry.

"I'm fine really, I can do this. I'll go to sleep in a little while I promise." She said turning back to continue coding on her computer. "You leave me no other choice." He said before walking over to her desk, turning off the computer, and picking her up carefully.

"Eric would kill me if he found you here again tomorrow." Sunwoo remarked. The girl's body quickly announced defeat after he had picked her up. The warmth that was being emitted by his body made her fall asleep almost instantly.

Sunwoo carefully walked the girl to her bedroom at the end of the hallway and placed her in bed. For a few seconds, her eyes fluttered open and he was scared she would wake up again, but luckily enough they closed back soon after.

She turned her body a few times before she seemed to have found a comfortable position, now completely leaving consciousness and going off to dream of nicer things.

The next morning Heran woke up to heavy footsteps going around the house. Voices yelling at one another could be heard from a distance. Chaos seemed to have erupted in the normally 'calm' house.

Heran sat up and looked at the clock. It was 11:27 am. Heran had slept for a whole 12 hours before being awakened by the noises around. She took a moment to process everything that was going on before finally walking out of her room into the chaos.

She saw how all of the members were in their uniforms. Each with their own assigned number. Q had the number 02 on his bulletproof vest. Meanwhile, Kevin had the number 16. Eric rushed passed her and without looking twice he threw a bulletproof vest at the girl before rushing off again.

"Put it on and go to the meeting room!" She could hear Eric yell as he turned around the corner.

Confused by the whole situation Heran put the vest over her shoulders. Yet as soon as she did that she got confused by the oh-so-easy-to-put-on vest. It suddenly just didn't make sense anymore. Luckily her savior just happened to walk by.

Completely chilled out in comparison to the other members. He pulled the vest back up from the girl's body. "Put your arms up, I'll help you." Juyeon said as he held the vest above her.

She did what he said and he quickly slit it over her body before adjusting it to fit her size better. "Let's go to the meeting room now, everything will become clear there." He spoke while gesturing for the girl to get moving.

As they arrived in the meeting room, they could see members rushing in and out. Most of them were armed by now. This time not with 1 but with multiple weapons, from guns to knives and other little gadgets.

After another 10 minutes, the rushing finally stopped and everyone had taken place. That's when Sangyeon started talking. "There is an emergency at ATBO's base, we have to go assist them."

"Earlier this morning someone had broken into their base and ever since we lost all connection with them. Everyone will move in their respective vans and Heran, you'll join Eric. It'll be a busy day so I hope you had a good rest."

"We are leaving within 10 minutes so make sure to be ready by then. Eric, take Heran under your wings for me today. I won't be able to keep an eye on her so make sure she is safe at all time."

"Do we have any idea who the intruders are?" Younghoon questioned. "So far we don't really know much. I hope Q will be able to give us more information about that as we head to the base. For now, all we know is that someone who shouldn't be there is there."

Everyone nodded and the rushing started once again. Eric just pulled the girl with him to the computer room to get all the needed equipment. From laptops to chargers to a box full of smaller boxes.

"Take this and go to the front door. You see the numbers on the boxes right? Give each member the number that matches their vest number." Eric commanded before he continued his search for all the other things they could possibly need. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I'm terrible at writing something here I'm going to start giving kdrama recommendations-

Today's rec is Angry Mom, it's a school drama about a girl who gets bullied. Her mother later goes undercover in the girl's school to figure out who bullies her kid and the rest you'll have to see for yourself. 

The drama was lovely and the acting was amazing. Highly recommend it.