1.37

A bullet skimmed right passed Sunwoo's head, leaving a small cut on his left ear. Yet his focus was elsewhere. He didn't really care about the cut. He had noticed something far worse.

He saw how Jeongwoo pulled Heran along as the girl whimpered softly in his grip. He didn't hesitate and wanted to leap forwards out of their hiding spot to go after them. Hyunjae grabbed him by his arm right before he could stopping him from basically getting himself killed right there and then.

"Have you absolutely lost it?" He yelled trying to make sense of the situation. "Jeongwoo, he took Heran." Is what Sunwoo managed to voice out, also rather confused by his own move.

"Heran? Heran speak to me!" Hyunjae tried, hoping to prove his friend wrong but he was met by silence. "What's going on?" Sangyeon's voice was heard through the earphones.

"Treasure took Heran." Sunwoo said, regaining his composure. "Sangyeon? Meet me at the bottom of the stairs." He spoke sternly.

He started moving closer to the stairs smoothly. This time he was very aware of his surroundings and he knew where he was going. When he reached the bottom of the stairs he was met by Sangyeon. His face was serious as ever.

They sneaked up the stairs trying to catch as little attention as possible. When they arrived upstairs they heard the soft whimpers of the girl. It broke their heart to know that they caused this in a way.

When they reached the room she was in, they also noticed Jeongwoo and Junghwan talking behind her.

Sangyeon signaled Sunwoo to raise his gun but to stay on hold as he further investigated the situation. They had to be sure it was safe to enter. They couldn't bring anyone in danger.

Finally, he used two fingers to let Sunwoo know to move forward. They went through the door and held up their guns. Each focused on their own person. Sunwoo's eyes were burning holes into Jeongwoo while Sangyeon had his full focus on Junghwan.

A sharp pain when through their heads as they got hit by a heavy object without any warning. Haruto and Keeho were standing behind them. The duo collapsed to the floor as Heran screamed out, praying for anyone to hear her.

"Sunwoo! Sangyeon! Wake up! Please..." Her words sounded anguished as she screamed. The others got to work. They picked up the two boys and placed them against the wall. Tying up their hands and feet so that they couldn't do anything once they woke up.

Junghwan ensured to check their pockets for any more weapons and found Sunwoo's pocket knife and a few other small items he carried.

Haruto couldn't contain his happiness. A slight feeling of victory went right to his brain as he saw the girl he planned to kill sitting right in front of him. Crying and completely vulnerable. Aside from her in that state, he also got the two guys he hated most in that same position.

He walked over to the girl and looked her straight in the eye, following her gaze. Her eyes were scanning Sunwoo to see if there was any sign of life coming from the boy.

This amused Haruto. She hadn't even spared him a glance since he had entered the room but her eyes were all over that other guy. "You seem to care a lot about him." He mocked as he walked over to him.

Playing around Sunwoo's face with his knife. "I would be a shame if I cut right here wouldn't it?" He turned to her, looking straight into her eyes with an unsettling gaze. His knife was hovering over his throat.

"Don't you dare touch him!" Heran spewed. Fear grew bigger and bigger inside her as he continued playing with the knife all around his face.

In the end, he made a small cut on his left cheek. It wasn't anything major but it was like a preview of what was about to go down.