1.26

"Before we get into any of this, Hyuk, how do you know Heran?" Sangyeon asked as they sat down in his office.

The others left the base and Hyuk, Sunwoo and Sangyeon went to the office to talk about the matter. "I've known her since she was only 5. She had run off from her dad and I found her hiding in the garden. Since that day he came to me when she was scared."

Hyuk was born into the mafia, his parents were 2 PM's partners and so naturally he lived in their shared house.

"Later she moved in with her mother and I didn't see her for a while but after her mother died we were basically inseparable. She's like a little sister to me so if something is going on you have to tell me. Please." He begged.

Thanks to Hyuk, Heran was the hacker she was now. When they were bored he would teach her the small things he was taught in his classes. Later on, at the age of 12, he was assigned to train to become an assassin and Heran continued to explore the computer world.

She was absolutely fascinated by the things she was able to do. She learned fast and soon enough she was able to hack into the member's phones and so on. She was soon going to become the best hacker in their house.

"Hyuk. Heran is safe I promise you that. She has been with us for a while now. She ran away from Treasure after she realized Haruto wanted to kill her." Sangyeon explained.

"You must at all times keep her away from her dad alright? Don't let her know you know him, don't let him know you have her. Just keep her hidden." Hyuk pleaded.

Those words somewhat confused the other two. Why was he so prone to keep Heran hidden from her father? Sangyeon knew he wasn't the best person but it couldn't be that bad.

"If you say that's best for her we will, you don't have to worry about her Hyuk. We will do whatever it takes to keep her safe. She is family after all." Sangyeon reassured.

"Keep her safe for me." He asked them before he went to his car. After their talk Hyuk felt the hole in his heart grow bigger. He had always felt sad that he wasn't the one that kept her safe but to know that the person he hoped would be able to keep her safe was actually a danger made him hurt even more.

Though he wanted to see her, hold her, tell her he is sorry,... he knew it was for the better that she didn't see him. It was for the better that she didn't know he had a strong connection with The Boyz.

He left feeling empty in a way. He felt as if the walls around him collapsed and he was vulnerable. Yet he also felt a small bit of security in a way. Knowing that Sunwoo would be the one to pick her up. That Sangyeon was around to take care of her.

That New would be the one to cure her when she was sick. That Eric and Q would be able to teach her everything she didn't already know about hacking. That Hyunjae could teach her some self-defense and that Kevin would be there to cook her something delicious in the morning.

He knew she was safe. That's what truly mattered to him.

Sunwoo left a while after Hyuk, the words still lingering in his mind. They had made an agreement to keep the conversation between the three of them for now. He didn't have anyone to talk to about it.

He wanted to ask New what Heran's dad could've done that made Hyuk so scared. He wanted to know why Hyuk was so worked up over it all but he couldn't ask anything.

He arrived at the building where Bomin lived and rang the doorbell before taking the elevator to the top floor. "Long time no seen!" Sunwoo exclaimed when he was met by Bomin at the door. "How have you been Sunwoo?" Bomin asked.