John Merrill

First up, the love and support you all give, is unbeatable. I cherish you all.

Secondly, I've accepted that life will never be the same and though there are good days and bad, I know neither would want me to stop doing what I love.

And thirdly, just when I thought even Ace and Eyeball couldn't save me, they came through for me. They always come through. I now own a replica cobra switchblade to which was anonymously given to me with a note from "Ace and Eyeball" so to whichever of my family or friends did that, I love you.

Though this story may take a while to finish while I try rebalance life, I did say I wouldn't give up.

So, my cobras, it continues...

———————————————————————

*****Chapter 9 - John Merrill*****

*****
Chapter 9 - John Merrill
*****

Calliope watched as the girls began to get settled for the night. She'd told them everything that happened when Ace took her away and for the first time in a long time, she felt excited to talk about it.

Yet, knowing they weren't as strong as her, she gave them the best part of the beds as she stood by the window looking out.

The darkness of the night had swept over Castle Rock and everything seemed so quiet.

Though Calliope's eyes were focused on the garden next to hers.

Looking around she saw all the girls attempting to get some sleep they all knew would be broken anyway.

"You girls reckon you'd be okay if I left?" Calliope asked quietly.

"Like permanently?" Tamara instantly fired out in a concerned tone.

Calliope shook her head as the moonlight lit her up.

"Just for an hour or so."

Sasha quickly scrambled out of bed as she rushed to the window. Her eyes instantly saw him as she turned to Calliope with a knowing smile.

"He did help you," she started, "seems only logical you go say thank you."

Calliope gave her a smile as she shook her head. "You know I'm married."

Sasha scoffed and shook her head. "Married and trapped aren't the same thing sweetie."

Calliope stood there as Sasha quickly sorted her hair.

"Why are you still standing there?" Felicity asked blankly as she sat up.

Calliope looked around at them all. Gabriella tossed her something as she caught it and held it up in the moonlight to see.