See you later

*****Chapter 24 - See you later*****

*****
Chapter 24 - See you later
*****

"You reckon you can keep your hands to yourself tonight?" Ace asked as he watched Calliope sit down gently on his bed.

The pair now both dry and changed as Ace had given her, yet another shirt to sleep in.

She scoffed as she laughed. "Don't you think I should be asking you that?"

Ace shook his head as he gestured to his body, covered only by a pair of tracksuit bottoms.

"Have you seen what you get to sleep next to?" He scoffed out. "I'm not just a piece of meat you know."

Calliope laughed as he walked around to the other side of the bed.

The pair flopped down together as she rolled onto her side to face him.

"Thank you." She whispered out quietly as she gently tucked her hand under the side of her head.

"You're welcome." Ace whispered back as his eyes couldn't help but scan lower.

Her bath had washed off the 'C' and 'E'. Quickly he rolled over and rummaged about on the floor, while she watched on confused.

Yet all was answered as he brought the pen to her chest and quickly re-wrote it, having his name back on her chest again.

Calliope laughed slightly as she smiled and nodded.

"Much better." Ace gave her a small smile as he chucked the pen somewhere in his room before bringing his hand to rest gently on her small waist.

Calliope remained silent, her eyes gently shut as she felt her whole body relax, for the first time in a long time, she felt comfortable.

"You ever think about actually leaving him?" Ace asked quietly.

Calliope mumbled in response as she instinctively licked her lips and shook her head.

"He'd never let me. I think if I ever tried, I'd end up dead before I even reached the door." She mumbled, keeping her eyes shut.

Ace was silent as he nodded slowly, his eyes scanning over her face.

"Get some sleep." He whispered as he felt himself lean closer to her, his lips softly kissing her forehead.

As he leant back, Calliope shuffled forward, her leg raised and entangled with his as her arm draped over his waist.

Ace raised his arm, letting her shuffle about and get comfy, pressed up against him before he gently dropped his arm back down over her waist.