Your fault

⚠️ I'm sorry to say, this chapter has a domestic abuse trigger warning

⚠️ I'm sorry to say, this chapter has a domestic abuse trigger warning. ⚠️

*****
Chapter 17 - Your fault
*****

Ace ignored every cobra's attempt to talk him out of it.

There was no way he was going to let her take the wrath of him.

"You sure you don't want any backup?" Eyeball asked him quietly as the pair stood just outside Ace's house.

Ace shook his head as he continued to smoke what he felt would be his last cigarette.

"Just be here when I get back." Ace mumbled.

Eyeball nodded as he looked over Ace.

"So she's really the kid's older sister?" He asked, trying to change the subject.

Ace nodded. "Twin sister to Denny Lachance, seperated when they were born. Raised with no clue that they were actually twins."

Eyeball watched as Ace stubbed his cigarette out on the wall of his house before chucking the butt down.

"Do me a favour?" Ace asked him quietly.

Eyeball nodded instantly.

"Try and talk to her parents or Gordie. If we can't get her out of this marriage then surely they can help."

Eyeball nodded again. "I'll get Billy to talk to Vern and I'll talk to Chris. Get through to Gordie that way, kids gonna be pretty messed up as it is."

Ace nodded slowly as he sighed. "Gotta be pretty tough losing your older brother and then finding out you've actually got an older sister too."

A small smirk came to Eyeball's face. "Almost sounds like your worried for the kid."

Ace scoffed and glared at him as Eyeball nodded again.

"We got it don't worry."

Ace gave him a final nod before he slowly walked away. Towards their house.

Sterling opened the door after he knocked as he gave Ace a small shake of the head.

"Take it back Merrill." He pleaded quietly.

Ace shook his head. He wasn't taking it back. Sterling went to speak again but Ace just pushed past as he saw Tamara standing there.