Dorothy

*****Chapter 26 - Dorothy*****

*****
Chapter 26 - Dorothy
*****

The plan remained.

Every time Ace broke in somewhere and stole things he could sell quickly and subtly, Gordie provided the perfect alibi.

No-one suspected the quiet, honest, little Lachance kid.

Their pot of money filled a lot quicker than before.

*****

"Sterling I told you-" Aiden started harshly as he swung the front door open and almost froze.

"Surprise!"

Aiden tried to laugh as he saw his mother-in-law standing there with a covered plate in her hands.

"Thought I'd drop by and see-"

Aiden quickly moved as she went to go past him, into the house.

"We're just redecorating." He blurted out quickly. "House is a mess, why don't we just go round the back?"

Dorothy nodded slowly as Aiden quickly shut the front door behind him and walked around the house with her.

"Should have rang and said you were coming." Aiden mumbled, trying to sound happy and not annoyed.

"Oh well then it wouldn't be much of a surprise then would it?" Dorothy laughed out.

Aiden shook his head as she placed the plate down on one of the new tables, Aiden had gotten for the back garden.

"Now come give us a hug!" She spoke happily as she opened her arms out to Aiden.

Of course, playing the perfect role he gave her a tight hug as he looked over her shoulder, seeing Sterling walk out the back door.

"Go get Calliope, tell her her mother's here." Aiden tried to speak warmly.

Dorothy pulled away as she turned and saw Sterling.

"I don't know a Calliope." Sterling finally chose to speak up.

Aiden's jaw clenched slightly.

"You mean Candi?" Sterling asked as his hands shoved in his pockets and he tilted his head at Aiden.

"Candi?" Dorothy asked as she looked up at Aiden.