Denny

*****Chapter 28 - Denny*****

*****
Chapter 28 - Denny
*****

Calliope's outfit that night covered the marks that Eyeball had made, something Calliope felt relieved about.

Aiden was furious enough.

"Just you tonight." Aiden fired out harshly as he tugged her lead harder, yanking her down the stairs behind him.

"And don't think the nights ending till you've earned every penny those other girls would have either." He whispered warningly in her ear.

*****

"Reckon it's enough?" Eyeball asked as, even he couldn't quite believe the amount of money they had in front of them.

Ace shrugged slightly as he looked down at it. It hadn't just been his and Gordie's money.

Christopher Chambers successfully stole the school milk money again.

Teddy Duchamp had found two of his dad's old army guns and Vince had sold them for him.

Vern Tessio had found 3 cents walking home from school.

Each cobra had committed their own trail of break ins and thefts, Gordie providing their perfect alibi.

Mr Chambers had reluctantly stopped drinking and gave his cash to Eyeball.

The girls had given every note they had saved up.

Sterling had given everything he had, from his spot recovering on Ace's sofa. Aiden had really given it to him.

"So I just ask for a night with her?"

Ace and Eyeball looked up as they saw Charlie standing next to his dad, who seemed confused and slightly disgusted by the whole idea.

They nodded in sync.

"I don't like this."

They all looked to the side to see Dorothy standing there, her husband by her side as he wrapped an arm around her.

"You just gotta see if this enough." Ace explained at Charlie's father.

He sighed as he ran a hand through his hair and nodded. The money was collected as he took the bag from Charlie.

"Please." Dorothy begged Mr Hogan as he gave her a small nod.

They all watched as he quietly walked out. Charlie quietly shut the door behind him and walked back into Ace's living room.