Twin sister?

*****Chapter 15 - Twin sister? *****

*****
Chapter 15 - Twin sister?
*****

"Dorothy, Gordie, stay in the car." Was the order fired from Mr Lachance as he got out and saw Ace coming closer.

He slammed his car door behind him as he walked over to meet Ace in the middle.

"We'll have you arrested again." He fired out warningly.

"I ain't setting foot in your house again don't worry." Ace fired back as he briefly looked to see Calliope still sat in his car.

"I just need to know." He replied turning back to him.

"Our family business is nothing to do with you Merrill." He got the harsh reply.

"Just tell me if you had a Calliope Lachance in your family." He almost let it come out as a beg.

Though Mr Lachance didn't reply, he didn't have to. His facial expression told Ace all he needed to know.

Ace watched as he looked down at the girl in Ace's car.

"That's-" he whispered out, unable to finish his sentence.

"That's a girl who used to be Calliope Lachance and I have to know if she's related to your family or not." Ace spat out, knowing by his reaction, she was.

"Calliope..." came the small whisper from Mr Lachance, unable to take his eyes off the girl that was looking back at him.

Yet all he saw was Denny. Their eyes were the same.

"She is your family," Ace whispered, "isn't she?"

Mr Lachance hesitated as his wife finally got out the car.

"Dorothy!" He snapped, "I said to stay in the-"

"What in the Lord's name is going on?!" She cut him off as she looked between her husband and Ace, briefly glancing at the girl in his car.

"Dorothy," He whispered out as his eyes fell on Calliope again. "Get back in the car."

"Ace we don't need you and your whore causing problems so please just-"

"Dorothy!" Mr Lachance snapped once more, feeling tense at the way Dorothy had called her a whore.

"Just tell him to move his car!" Dorothy snapped back.