Desperate times

*****Chapter 22 - Desperate times*****

*****
Chapter 22 - Desperate times
*****

Eyeball had, of course, been tasked with seeing if Calliope was forced to work that evening.

But as he went back into Ace's house and saw all the expectant faces, they were all dejected as he shook his head.

"Why isn't he making her work?" Charlie asked confused.

Eyeball shrugged slightly as he sat down beside Ace.

"All the girls said she's still staying upstairs in Aiden's room, been in there all day." He mumbled.

"I thought she had to stay in the room with the girls?" Jack asked confused as he looked around at the others, remembering what he had been told by one of the other girls.

Eyeball shook his head as he looked to Ace. "There was one thing Tamara said though..." he mumbled quietly, unsure as to how Ace would react.

"Which was?" Vince asked as they all instinctively moved closer.

Eyeball looked over at where Gordie was sat quietly, curled up on an armchair, an open book on his lap.

Gordie quickly raised his hands as they covered his ears, he didn't want to hear this.

"He chained her up last night to the curtain rail, meaning she would have had to stay standing all night." Eyeball started to explain.

"Sterling and Tamara had to make sure she ate and Sterling held her up all night so she could sleep."

The others all winced slightly as Ace clenched and looked away.

Gordie slowly his hands as he looked about at them all.

"If I had money..." He started as his voice trailed off slightly as they all turned to him.

"If I had money, could I see her?" His quiet voice squeaked out.

Ace shook his head. "You shouldn't have to pay to see your own sister." He grumbled as he leant back slightly, lighting a cigarette and letting it dangle from his lips as his fingers fumbled with the lighter.

"I highly doubt Aiden would just let her go to one of us either." Billy grumbled with a sigh.

The others shook their heads in agreement, Aiden knew all of them.

"So who do we use to get her out of there?" Fuzzy asked quietly as they all looked around at each other.

Eyeball sighed as he stood up. "Desperate times right?" He asked quietly.