Ch.51 - Jinx

Ch.51 - Jinx

Standing inside the small little village home, you had hoped you would be able to tell Bakugou the plan for this battle with ease. You should have known better- because Bakugou always had something to protest about after all. And this time... it was a protest he was making a big deal about.

"Ain't fucking happening."

"Kacchan! Don't be difficult now of all times!"

"I ain't going around fighting other shitty demons and leaving you without me!"

You sighed and pinched your temple. Of course. Of course, he was being frustrating cause he didn't want to leave your side. On one hand, it warmed your heart to know he wanted to be with you, even in the worst of times. But on the other... you and Deku had spent a good amount of time making this plan and you knew this was your best shot at making sure nothing happened.

"Please. Just listen before you disagree." You looked at him with a gleam in your eyes.

Bakugou looked at you, your baby-doll eyes striking him directly in the heart. He looked away from you, red cheeks and quick breathing already present. Dammit... you knew he'd cave to you with a look like that! And here he was... about to do precisely that.

"Fine." He huffed and crossed his arms. "I'll listen to whatever it is you have to fucking say, but if it's a shit plan after your damn explanation then I'm not following it."

"Thank you." You smiled at him and Bakugou once more clicked his tongue and looked away from you.

Always so difficult. Always so frustrating. Always so interesting.

"Deku and I realized that we have a good range of techniques between all of us here. So, we thought that splitting us up into three small groups would be helpful. That being said... we needed to split us up based on who can detect demons. Five of us can, three of us can't."

"So? Then put shitty Deku on their team!!"

"Would you please let me finish?" You sighed and shook your head. "Deku, Eri, and Todoroki-kun are going to be on the first team. All three of them can detect demons and will be monitoring the main entrance to the village. A place where the most number of demons will be able to get in. Between Sun Breathing and Water Breathing, as well as Eri's healing blood- they should have good coverage.

You motioned to yourself. "I'm going to go along with Uraraka-san."

"Why?!" Bakugou asked you with some irritation.

"Because I know Flower Breathing and Insect Breathing. She knows Love Breathing." You started to explain. "Between the both of us, we have a good mix of close and long techniques when it comes to sword fighting."

"So that leaves me with those two morons..." Bakugou scoffed and you gave him a nod. "Why?"

"You have your Blood Demon Art and Flame Breathing. Kaminari-kun has Thunder Breathing and Kirishima-kun had Stone Breathing. Plus, you can detect nearby demons unlike those two. So with that in mind and knowing that the three of you together would make for a good attack and defense unit, Deku and I thought it was best to place you with them."

"So it was shitty Deku who put me there?!"

"Were you even listening?" You shook your head and then moved forward to him. "Katsuki."

Your hands cupped one of his cheeks respectively and you made him look at you. His carmine gaze of fire met your serene gaze of (eye color). He gulped as he saw your features go from worried to hopeful. You moved towards him, pecking at his lips, and then nodded at him once the small dose of affection ended.