Ch.58 - Righteous

Ch.58 - Righteous

You watched with anticipation as the serum interacted with the cells on the Petri dish. Your throat felt dry and your hands were tightly gripping your haori not to make them shake and possibly spill or ruin what was before you. The serum was slow and worked at its own pace, but after watching it for three days, you could see that it was undoubtedly working.

The cells that had been demonized were slowly reverting and they looked to be in good condition too. So, with all your boxes checked and everything ready to go- you just needed to find the people to administer all of this to. So you rose from your seat, a peepy jump in your step.

You found one of the pairs reasonably quickly. Eri was in the kitchen with Midoriya and Uraraka. The brown-haired girl had come over often to Aizawa's manor to see the pair and you as well. It looked like they all were making something to eat, at least for two of them to eat. But pretty soon, Eri would be able to do more than just help make the food and drinks. She soon would be able to eat and drink them too!

"Kurokori?" Midoriya's voice reached you. "Is everything alright?"

You nodded to him and then looked over to Eri. She looked back at you and seemed to realize what you were silently telling her. The tiny girl immediately left Midoriya's side and clung onto your clothing and peered up at you with her big red eyes. You chuckled and then pulled the finished vial out of your pocket.

"Is that it?" Uraraka asked, now coming over to join the pair of you. "Is that the treatment?"

You nodded. "I believe it is. All the testing I've done has yielded the same results with a tiny margin of error, so I feel confident that this is it. This... is the cure we've been working towards."

"That's incredible, Kurokori." Midoriya's eyes were wide. "You're incredible."

You laughed and rubbed the back of your head. "Ah, you flatter em too much, Deku. I think this is mostly just me wanting to make sure everything is right. I want... to get back on track with the life I've worked so hard to have and earn, y'know?"

"You have." Midoriya smiled softly at you. "So, Eri's going first then?"

"It seems so. I couldn't find Kacchan. Any idea where he might be?"

Midoriya pondered for a moment but then shook his head. He had no clue where Bakugou had wandered off to. But, he knew he'd be back. Bakugou always did, especially if your happiness was on the line. So it seemed that because of his strange temporary disappearance, Eri would be given the treatment first and would return to being a human first as well.

You took Eri's hand and started to lead her to your room, which by this point was also a laboratory and now a treatment room as well. Midoriya and Uraraka came with you and the four of you all filed into the small space. You sat Eri down on the chair in your room and started to disinfect her arm and then began to prepare a needle.

"Listen carefully now." You told Eri but spoke in a way that let Midoriya and Uraraka know you were also speaking to them. "This isn't going to be instant, I'm afraid. So you'll need to come back once every three days to get a new dose into your system. This treatment will take a month or so until its complete, but by the time its over, any and all signs of demonism will be gone from your body!"

Eri nodded and watched as you started to prepare the needle. She gulped and squirmed in slight fear. Midoriya approached and grabbed one of her hands into one of his and Uraraka did the same with Eri's other hand. Eri looked at them both and then steeled her nerves. She could do this! It was only a tiny shot and it would be good for her in the end!

"Ready?" You asked her, making sure to not show her the needle.

"Y-Yes..." Eri squeaked out.

You hummed and put the needle down. Then you opened a drawer and pulled something out. Eri blinked and then saw nothing but darkness. You tied the piece of fabric around her and then rubbed her head affectionately.