Chapter 16

Ace

"Power is everything " Alin used to say, and that was, and continues to be, the only thing he and I agreed on.

Taking me from my mother after their divorce, and separating me from my twin brother, I grew up harboring quite a disdain towards him.

Always be perfect, always strive for success, for more, because Mountangue has to be at the top. "Cut the loose ends" was the second thing he tried to drill inside of my head. That included my friends, my ex-girlfriends, and in the end my own mother. At 18, I found out that he had ordered a bounty hunter to kill her, and probably left my twin brother to rot in the streets, because it simply didn't go well with his facade of the picture-perfect family he had with his new trophy wife Eucia and me.

My search for my brother still has not given any results, and back when I was young and tactless I confronted him head-on. He denied it of course, after which I took his right eye. I will never forget his screams that night, which were the sweetest melody to me.

"You are nothing without me." He said that night, and I was stripped and beaten to a pulp by his rooks, as he was too much of a coward to actually raise his hand on me. I highly doubt it was because of his affection for his son.

Lilith software is Alin's greatest accomplishment, and nothing would bring me more pleasure than to see Alin cry, knowing he had lost everything he worked for. But I kept quiet about it. I worked my way to the top, making him think I cared because I knew that he could kill me just as he could kill my mother.

I promised myself that I will prove him wrong. That I will be so much more than he ever was and will be. 

I will take everything from him.