Chapter 84

Ace

Lilith started to act up, my device beeping and malfunctioning. Margaret was in danger. 

I slammed on the gas pedal and I almost crashed three times. All doors were open, and only to witness a horrifying scene.

The Vice president was calm, and smiled viciously at me, with his goons surrounding him. Probably nothing on them was electrical, otherwise, Lilith would have taken care of them.

"Ahh welcome to the party Ace, we were just talking about you. Why don't you take a seat?" 

He spoke to me while pressing the dagger into Maryam. 

"I was expecting you to be the man of your word Ace. Too bad you are nothing like your father. He would turn in his grave to know who you have become."

I bit the inside of my cheek. 

"That's right, I am nothing like him."

"And she will pay dearly if you do not fulfill your promise." 

"I never actually promised you that I will do it. It was only because you blackmailed me to do it, I had given it a thought."

He rolled his eyes. 

"Ahh potato-potato. "

To save Margaret or I let other kids die, or ....No. I don't even want to think about that. I would be taking a daughter from her mother. I cannot do that. Not to her. Not ever.

"Why don't you let her out of these bonds, or are you truly that afraid of a single woman that you must tie her up? " I provoked.

"I am merely taking precautions. "

"From what? " I smiled at him with spite.

"You don't seem to understand the gravity of this situation. " He got up and took Maryam by the throat.

"No! Please...please don't do it... "

Maryam started speaking for the first time.

"No! Please...please don't do it... "

He pressed the dagger, Puella mortis against her neck.

"Who gave you permission to speak? "

"Touch her...and I will ruin your life. I promise you...In every single universe, I will make sure that you and your whole family have nothing. "

"Oh, but how can you do that? I know that this is your final universe, Margaret. After this, it's hell for you. "

He smiled and cut a single streak on her throat so that a drop of blood started coming out. 

That's when Maryam pushed his arm and bit his hand, and he screeched in pain. I used the diversion to shoot him and each and every single one of his bodyguards. 

Chaos as fast as it started stopped, and I ran to Margaret to untie her to free her from the bondage. Maryam was doing the same. 

In a split second, we heard a loud bang. When we looked at the source, it was the vice president smirking with his gun pointed at Maryam only to lie back and die. That's when Maryam fell to the ground and started bleeding from her mouth.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO" Margaret screeched and fell to her knees. I ran to Maryam and pressed my hand on her wound.

"Drop your weapons! "

Smoke was filling the room, and it must have been tear gas. Figures moving in.