Chapter 78

Ace

After a moment of silence, I asked.

"You know that Victoria is alive, don't you? That your mother...is alive? "

"Yes... "

"Why did you kill Alin? "

She didn't want to speak.

I showed her the photograph of her entering the residence on the day Alin died.

"Alin was not an ordinary man. If you are caught, you will not only be killed but your mother will too. But before that...they will torture you long and hard. They will push needles under your fingernails, and the worst part...your memory will be erased and you will not even know what you have done. And every time you faint from the pain...they will wake you up to torture you in a different way. "

She was shaking now, caught like the thief that she was.

"I can make that possibility go away. I can make sure that you are never caught. And especially...Jett would never find out. "

She looked at me suspiciously.

"Jett? What about you? Aren't you angry that I... "

She put her hand on her mouth as if she didn't mean to reveal so much.

"I already knew about that. "

I was angry, furious that she stole the chance from me.

"Let's just say...I was never on good terms with him. And perhaps...you did everyone a favor. "

I had to play a good cop here. I had to restrain my anger for what she had done. Otherwise, I will not be able to help Margaret.

"Alin..was a horrible man. He practically kept my mother a slave and didn't even allow her to go out. He kept her from me.... "

Shaking, and stuttering that she had was gone. In a second she changed.

"One day Jett told me the truth, that my mother is alive and that she is married to a new man. I barely snuck in. She told me what he did to her... How he blackmailed her.... "

She continued.

"I was determined to set my mother free from his claws. So, I figured from talking to various people, that insulin is the best way to go. "

"Smart move..undetectable, natural substance. "

I moved into her space making sure that she was aware of me. Making sure that she doesn't underestimate me.

"But you can't expect me to believe that you were alone in that. "

"I was...I promise. Please believe me. "

I took the gun from the table and looked at its barrel.

"Let's see what your mother has to say to all of this, shall we? "

Her eyes shoot to the door, and at that moment, Margaret pushed Victoria into the room.