Chapter 69

Ace

After extensive checkups of the building, there truly was nobody that caused the haywire, however, Lilith must have sensed Margaret in danger.

Little does Lilith know, I would never harm Margaret. 

 I have paid a steep price for my cowardice and greed at the cost of my relationship with her. If I were honest, knowing myself, I would have done the same. Absolutely nothing. 

I wondered about Margaret's feelings toward me and their authenticity. It seems that she didn't fall in love with me but with my potential, and Alin's words echoed in my head. 

"I wish you could see the potential I see in you, but sometimes, the potential is all that remains."

Maybe I am not good enough?

Maybe I am undeserving of love?

And even though Margaret and my father were the polar opposites in what they both wanted me to be, the fact was that they didn't want me

And for that reason, nothing terrified me more than being a normal person, with a regular job and having several people order me what to do. However, even in a position of power, I had someone ordering me and controlling me, so maybe my father was right. Maybe I should gather more power so that no one can order me and tell me what to do.

How is it that my father is controlling me even from his grave?

If I go through with the project that Vice President gave me, I would be more powerful than ever.

But if I didn't he would destroy everything if I didn't go through with it. Not only my livelihood, but he would also harm everyone that is dear to me before he does anything to me. 

He would go after my relationships, my family, and the family I couldn't care less about, but the concept of him harming Margaret was too much to bear.

 Having to show him the progress or at least the plan, I had exactly five minutes until the vice president came after Margaret was contained, so there wasn't time to cancel the meeting.

I picked up my phone and called my personnel.

"Hello security, I need you to do something for me. "

Regardless of what she felt for me, I owed her this one thing.