an old spirit

Fortunately, the medical station was nearby. My ribs protested painfully as Ahsoka dragged me through the door into the interior of the station. Calling this hole a med station was really an exaggeration but for this dust ball on the edge of the galaxy it was true luxury for the inhabitants. 
It had been half an eternity since I had been here. Still an elderly Rodian woman in a doctor's coat greeted me so warmly that I felt bad for forgetting her name.
"Anakin Skywalker!", she called out to me joyfully pressing me against her before I could protest in pain. Ahsoka had backed off and was now staying in the background but I instinctively sensed that she was ready to strike again at any moment. 
"What brought you here after all these years?", she interrupted herself as she subjected me to a closer inspection and held me an arm's length away from her. 
"My boy! What a mess you look!!!", she pushed me into a treatment room as Ahsoka silently followed us. "Must have gotten into another fight.... What's going to happen to you? Your mother must be worried sick! And your girlfriend first...", the Rodian shook her eyes disapprovingly before giving Ahsoka a pitying look. 
"I feel sorry for you, dear", she said to Ahsoka before beckoning her closer and placing a light-colored cloth in her hand. 
"Here use this to wipe off the blood, I'll be right back", she was already storming out of the room. My attention returned to Ahsoka who had stepped closer and was stroking my eyebrow with said cloth. I hadn't even realized I was hurt there. But now it was starting to burn like hell. 
"How do you know her?", asked Ahsoka abruptly still smiling at the Rodian's exuberant manner. 
"I sacrificed a power cell from my pod racer back when I was a kid to get this med station's power generator working again. Since then all the doctors in this ward seem to know me. Unfortunately, without that power cell I lost the next pod race.... but what sacrifices don't you make to save the helpless", I asked her ironically with a grin on my face. But instead of laughing a blanket of sadness seemed to settle over her spirit. Looking into her eyes at that moment I discovered a spirit far too old for this young woman. 
Had she been playing me all along?
Wasn't the Ahsoka I had met the snarky enthusiastic young woman who had impressed me from the beginning? 
At that moment I only became more aware of how little I knew about her.
When the doctor came back in she broke our eye contact and at that moment I resolved that I was going to find out everything there was to know about Ahsoka.