distant

At the end of the treatment I had finally learned the name of the doctor. So I could thank doctor Frytro before she released me from her treatment. I had just left the treatment room when Ahsoka appeared next to me out of nowhere. We continued our way to the exit together. For her usually snippy nature Ahsoka now seemed quite calm and distant. Normally I could sense some kind of... Aura around each person to perceive. With Ahsoka too but now... it seemed as if she would close herself from me and this fact did not please me at all.
As soon as we had left the building Ahsoka steered us confidently back in the direction in which we had left the speeder.
Following a knee-jerk reaction I grabbed her arm and stopped. "Hey, are you... mad at me for fighting?", I looked down at her uncertainly. Her eyes flashed in surprise yet her features remained expressionless.
"What? No of course not. I know they attacked you first. You just had to defend yourself", despite her understanding words she eluded my grasp and continued on her way. I had no choice but to follow her.
"Yes already...", I just didn't know how to explain her sudden change of emotion.
In the meantime we had crossed the marketplace and were heading towards the city wall. Everything hurt and I had trouble suppressing a limp. Still I stopped Ahsoka when she tried to swing onto the speeder first.
"I'm driving, don't argue", with those words I started the speeder and got behind the wheel.
Ahsoka muttered something unintelligible that sounded suspiciously like a curse. Nevertheless she climbed onto the speeder behind me and hugged my belly with her arms. With a loudly beating heart I left the city with Ahsoka.

On the whole way back I had to pull myself together to ignore Ahsoka's body which pressed itself all too clearly against my back.
I felt her cool breath on the back of my neck which was a real relief to the blazing heat. However an entirely different heat made my cheeks glow. She pressed her entire upper body against me during the ride and I felt all too clearly her soft breasts rubbing against my back.
By the time we arrived back at the farm my injuries were so far forgotten that pain overtook me with full force as soon as Ahsoka dismounted from the speeder and her closeness was withdrawn from me.
Groaning in pain I dismounted and loaded the speeder back into the small hut where we stored all the vehicles.
Hardly had I left the small hut the dizziness seized me. Ahsoka who had been waiting for me outside turned to me at the moment I had to lean against the closed door of the hut.
Immediately she was at my side trying to support me.
"You should rest, immediately", her voice did not allow any contradiction and therefore I let her take me back to the house in which I had experienced the most beautiful childhood years.