Midi-chlorianer

The doctor had asked me to leave the treatment room. Quick-wittedly I had let the cloth disappear in my pocket with which I had wiped Anakin's blood. Now I had my sample to test. Unnoticed I crept through the large house which was supposed to be a medical station. It couldn't compete with the Republic medical stations by far but it was probably the best they had out here in the Outer Rim.
Finally I found what I was looking for... a small storeroom which judging by the dust had not been used for a very long time. I hid behind one of the dusty shelves, full of files and cleaning supplies. Only thanks to my excellent eyes I could recognize outlines in the darkness. A human being would probably not even have seen his hand in front of his eyes here but fortunately I was not one.
I quickly pulled the small measuring device out of one of the rear pockets of my gun belt and held the test strip against the blood-soaked cloth until it emitted a short beep.
Now it was a matter of waiting... until the blood sample had been analyzed.
I was electrified afraid of what this little device would reveal to me.
Maybe his midi-chlorians were completely normal... and he was just a simple normal smuggler....
But what if... what if the readings my master had taken from him back then.... were still the same.
Then he could be a damn big threat... not only for me but for the whole order and for the whole republic.
What should I do if he really was that gifted and perhaps truly the chosen one?
Should I get him... get him out of the way before he could harm anyone?
Just thinking about it made everything inside me tighten.

A soft beeping sound made me wince. The results were in...
After taking a deep breath I forced myself to look at the display.
His blood work was all normal, except for slightly higher levels of inflammation which could be from the injuries of the fight.
What gave me a small panic attack were the midi-chlorians. They went way beyond the measurable range.
How! How was that possible!!!
My breathing had sped up and I felt like I wasn't getting enough air. My heart was racing and I felt like I was going to die from fear.
At that moment I realized that I couldn't. I couldn't kill him... Damn it!
I couldn't fool him like this when he could be so.... dangerous. Even if he couldn't control the force properly and had never been taught it he could only become more unpredictable if he found out I was tricking him.
Taking a deep breath I tried to calm down and at that moment I made a decision I didn't like at all. But first I had to tell Obi-Wan about it so that he could initiate everything on Coruscant.
As I established the holo link to the temple I felt a deadly calm spread through me. I knew this feeling very well because it always came over me as soon as a battle began and I could lock my own feelings in the overflowing safe in my head. At the moment my own concerns and desires were not important just as Anakin's were not. This was about protecting the Republic even if I had to protect it from the man I had inevitably given my heart to.

I had to get rid of Skywalker.