trivial

My breathing was intermittent. I tried to block out the pain but it seemed endless.
It took all my strength to look up from my bloodied hand.
Montross grinned maliciously down at me.
"Whoever you want revenge for, Skywalker. I'm sure I don't remember such pettiness", at his words anger began to grip me.
It gave me new strength. How dare he label Ahsoka as a triviality!!!
Since Montross no longer expected any resistance on my part my attack came completely unprepared.
Quick as a flash I had pulled a small vial of translucent liquid from my pocket. It was my last ace and I would play it to the last.
It was already too late for Montross when the vial shot towards him and found its target.
Growling Montross backed away still surprised by the sudden attack.
Now he was really angry. Again he charged at me but I dodged to the side. His fist hit the wall straight on.
My strengthon the other hand was now drastically diminished. Groaning, I sank to my knees. I was now helplessly at his mercy. Inwardly I was already making up my mind to get out of here alive.
Breathing heavily, I looked up at my supposed executioner.
Montross had recovered from his exchange of blows with the wall but his steps as he came to me were as ponderous as if he were wading through water.
He had almost reached me when he sank to his knees directly in front of me his eyelids struggling not to close.
"You will regret this, Skywalker. I will find you... and I'm going to make your life hell", he grinned through bloodied teeth before rolling his eyes and falling forward into the dirt.
For a few seconds I didn't move waiting for Montross to get back up and kill me after all.
But he didn't.
The anesthetic serum had taken effect.
Tense I expelled the air I had been holding.
As I did so I winced as a sharp pain drove through my side.
I couldn't tell if the pain was from the broken ribs or the stab wound. Blood was still pouring from the wound and the dizziness continued.
With my face contorted in pain I braced myself again and looked down at Montross.
The worst part was that I didn't even feel remorse. Even though he had once been a sort of colleague or friend to me. He had almost killed Ahsoka and he would rot in prison for the rest of his life for it.