he will hate me...

In the middle of the night the handover of the slaves would take place. Until then we had had enough time to go through the plan and discuss the last details. Of course I had gone through the details of our plan with Rex before. Anakin was not even allowed to get suspicious of that. 
The whole remaining evening I tried to avoid him. With success...
I had more and more problems to hide my bad conscience from him. Since the kiss I could think of nothing else and I had actually played with the thought of letting Anakin in on it. 
But as soon as I even considered it I realized that he might inevitably hate me and sabotage the whole plan.... I couldn't let that happen. 
Hate me he would either way....

Quinn Ryd was suspicious as he and his goons entered the landing area along with some floating containers. He came straight at us. Rex and I kept to the background backing up Anakin who waited for Ryd with his arms crossed. He stayed a few feet away from us, eyeing our ship with a skeptical look before fixing Anakin with raised eyebrows.
"Skywalker... Why the sudden change of heart?", the suspicion in his voice could not be ignored.
Anakin remained calm however and shrugged. "Orders are getting scarce here on Coruscant. Too much competition. So my team and I have decided to take you up on your offer again", he explained matter-of-factly.
Glancing at the containers he added, " I see you are willing to accept it?"
For a last moment Ryd eyed us with suspicion but then a smile crept onto his lips and he held out his hand invitingly to Anakin.
He took it of course and I breathed a sigh of relief.
We had actually managed to fool Quinn Ryd....
Now it was only a matter of keeping the mask on for a few minutes.
Without Anakin or Ryd noticing anything.