the slaves

I skillfully deflected a shot aimed at my head before catching my momentum in a spin and simultaneously deflecting a low shot that should have hit Rex. As a well-rehearsed team we worked our way forward. My commander and his boys were already working on stunning the mercenaries so they could be brought to justice later. 
"Ahsoka! We found the slaves", my comlink snapped me out of my concentration. 
"Get them out of here, Obi-Wan. We're almost done here", I relayed our location. 
All of a sudden, an explosion in the back made the warehouse shake. Cursing, we took cover as plaster trickled down from above. 
"Obi-Wan! What's going on!!!", hopefully they had already left the warehouse....
"We need reinforcements! The Separatists are in on it! They're attacking us!", my blood froze in my veins. I hadn't given the Separatists a second thought... although I should have known, after all they had also pursued Anakin and me when we had fled from Ryd's men. 
Was Anakin in on it after all? Had he sent the Separatists after us?
With a shake of the head I pushed these doubts aside. There was simply no time for such considerations when I had to save Kenobi's butt. 
"Rex. Half the men come with me, you'll have to manage the rest without me", the soldier nodded obediently and seemed to communicate with his men over the helmet radio inaudibly to me. 
Some of them retreated in my direction. This was my part, so I directed them to Obi-Wan's position to assist him in rescuing the slaves.