― 𝐳𝐞𝐫𝐨.

[ where we are in the story ]

"it's reported that maira co. has just bought out famous coffee company, star, acquiring..." switching off the television, her father released a deep sigh, staring at the girl before him who sat on the chair with her legs crossed and a cup of tea in her hand. despite the breaking news that could either make or break the company, she was doing a good job in hiding her true emotions ― or at least, that's what the man believed.

"i thought i told you to keep it quiet?" he sounded exhausted, which was understandable since he had been working all throughout the night to fix the mess that his daughter had made. however, there didn't seem to be an ounce of regret as the girl calmly took a sip of her tea, seeming to drag it out as her father patiently stared at her. despite his several warnings, she still went ahead with a risky purchase, basically playing in the hands of their enemy.

"it's not like i did it on purpose." she suddenly spoke up, setting the cup onto it's saucer that was sat on the table. sitting back, she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, avoiding her father's gaze for as long as she could. although she acted braved, truthfully, she knew that she had made a mistake. although her father was never one to reprimand her mistakes, this was one that she couldn't avoid.

"i know," he sighed in exasperation, clearly struggling to tell off his one and only daughter that he cherished too much to ever say anything. "but how many times have i told you to be careful of the cameras?" he was clearly frustrated with the girl, but no matter how much he tried to warn her of the dangers of the public, she continued to catch their attention with every action. "at this rate, you may as well ask the kang's to marry you." 

a dangerous thought seemed to pass through her father's mind as his daughter noticed the slight pause after saying something so trivial. she witnessed the man's face light up as he continued to scheme in his mind, weighing out the expenses and profit that his company would make from his meaningless suggestion.

"what? why are you making that face?" she quickly questioned, trying to wreck his train of thought. pushing herself up straight, her wide eyes stared at her father as she hurriedly tried to reject whatever it was that he was thinking. "don't do it! you better not say what i think you're thinking―"

"let's get you married."