― 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

"here." maira gave a weak smile, accepting the glass of water. however, she couldn't bring herself to even take a sip, the sick feeling in the pit of her stomach making it difficult to swallow anything right now. yeosang, who was sat next to her on the sofa, rubbed her back soothingly, doing his best to comfort her. 

"i can't believe your father would do that." hongjoong sighed, leaning against her desk with his arms crossed. "that crazy bastard."

maira snapped back to reality, blinking back the tears that had managed to blur her vision. her grip around the glass tightened at the mention of her father, unable to hide her true feelings. "are you sure?" she questioned, her voice barely above a whisper, but it still managed to catch hongjoong's attention. lifting her gaze from the glass of water, she looked over at him. "are you definitely sure my father sent him here?" she questioned.

"i can't be so sure―"

"then find out." she cut hongjoong off. "if he really did it then i―" yeosang placed a hand on the girl's shoulder, causing her to relax just before she got riled up again. releasing a deep breath, her grip around the glass finally loosened.  "just find out how he got here and why he's here." she instructed. 

"will do." hongjoong nodded. maira sighed, her gaze dropping to the floor. 

"get my meetings rescheduled for today. i'll be ready in ten." she added, which took the two boys by surprise. 

"maira, you can't work after that―"

"i'm not wasting the day." she cut yeosang off, frowning at the boy. "i'm fine, just shaken up." she shrugged as if it were nothing, reluctantly taking a large swig of the water she had been given to prove a point, despite feeling to sick to even stomach water right now. after doing so, she placed the glass down and turned to him to show that she was fine, however, his attention was elsewhere. 

"your wrist." he mumbled, carefully taking hold of it and showing her. "there's no way you can work with this, you need to get this checked out." he pointed out, the bruising on her wrist becoming more visible now after the initial injury. "come on, let me take you home, you need to get some rest." he insisted, placing a hand on the girl's back to help her stand up, but maira refused.