― 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲.

"flight three oh four." maira mumbled to herself as she scanned the screen looking for their terminal. it was the day that her and jungkook would be flying out to america, the both of them were tired and the last thing they wanted to do was go on a fourteen hour flight. she was glad they were at least flying first class which meant she could get some comfortable sleep. 

"that way." jungkook pointed towards the left, maira nodding as she followed him. since it was only for a day, the pair hadn't packed much for the journey, making it easier for them.

maira sighed, fixing her cap as the pair took a seat whilst waiting for their gate to open up so that they could board. since last night, everything had been a mess, just like maira had guessed. she was glad that there was some sort of escape with their trip to america, she could at least forget about it for the next forty eight hours. however, getting into the airport wasn't easy as reporters had been camping outside, waiting for the girl. luckily security had got them through easily and the siblings safely made it inside.

it didn't help that they wanted to keep a low profile, now they had people staring, whispering and obviously taking pictures too. 

maira was lucky she had jungkook beside her at least, it made her feel a lot calmer, however it didn't stop her from feeling completely uncomfortable under people's stares. she tried to busy herself on her phone, fixing her mask that didn't seem to want to sit on her face properly as it was too big for her. 

with a sigh, she was about to lock her phone when it suddenly started ringing. her eyebrows knitted together when she saw an unknown number calling her. with pursed lips, she pulled her mask down slightly to talk easier before answering the phone.

"hello?"

"jeon maira." 

"kang yeosang?" the girl questioned in confusion. she could've sworn she had his number saved, but as she double checked, she realised that it was her personal phone number he was calling on. "how did you get this number?" she questioned, standing up and giving herself some privacy from jungkook. the boy stared curiously, before losing interest and returning to his game.