― 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

a sigh escaped the girl's lips as she stared up at her ceiling. her alarm had woken her up half an hour ago at the usual time of seven a.m, but now that she had nothing left to do, she had spent her morning lying in bed. it wasn't like she was thinking about anything in particular, but everything that had happened so far was making it harder for her to get out of bed. 

"maira?" a knock sounded at her door, the girl lifting her head to see who it was. she sat up in surprise at the sight of park seonghwa, wondering what he was doing here so early in the morning. "can i come in?" he questioned, awkwardly standing by the door.

unable to say anything, the girl nodded her head. he gave her a half smile, entering the room and shutting the door behind him. it was silent as he didn't know what to do, opting to stand awkwardly in the middle of her room. it was only when she motioned for him to take a seat did he finally sit on the edge of her bed. 

"how are you feeling?" he questioned after a minute of sitting there in silence. maira could only nod, mumbling a quiet 'i'm okay' under her breath as she avoided his gaze. "i don't hate you, you know?" he sighed, hating the awkwardness between them. they hadn't seen each other since the night of the launch, and maira didn't speak to anyone at all after she had made her announcement.

"i didn't mean for it to be like this." maira also sighed, pulling her legs up to her chest.

"i know." he cut her off before she could continue. "i don't want it to be like that either." he admitted. "i'm glad you did it." he continued which took maira by surprise as she looked over at him. "i didn't deserve it compared to you, you know that too." 

maira pursed her lips, her gaze falling to her bed. she had been asking herself that same question, did she really deserve it? she hadn't done anything on her own, everything was handed to her, so what right did she have? 

"you did the right thing, idiot." he cut off her train of thought, knowing what kind of thoughts she was having within her silence. it didn't take a genius to read the fact that she was having second thoughts, and especially after hongjoong had gotten angry at her ― it must've made her doubt her choices even more. "even hongjoong knows that, he's just bad at admitting he's at fault and apologising, but you know he cares."