― 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

"i'm fine." maira reassured. she had lost count how many times she had repeated it to the boy, but he still continued to steal glances of her through the rear view mirror. he had insisted that the girl spent another day recovering as the doctor had advised, but maira was growing bored staying inside her room all day. she had already finished all the work that she could do from home, but now with the launch not far, there was in-person work that she had to deal with.

the boy exhaled as they pulled up to the venue they were using for the launch. it was the four seasons hotel in the centre of seoul and not too far from han river ― the perfect place for a jeon exclusive launch. exiting the car, maira followed hongjoong into the building. they were able to find their way through the building easily, having used it several times for all their other events, and of course, maira's favourite part was savouring the moment every employee bowing towards the girl as as she made her way through the building. 

entering the room that would be holding their guests, maira was surprised to find her father already in there, along side someone unexpected. 

"dad." maira hesitantly called for her father, debating on whether she should make her presence known or sneak out whilst she still had a chance. however, she decided on the former, knowing that she needed to get her work done. walking up to the pair, maira sent mr kang an inviting smile and bow before turning to her father.

"oh, maira, you recovered quickly." he commented, remembering that he had heard the girl had collapsed and been rushed home to the family doctor. it's not like you checked up on me. she thought to herself, doing her best to stop her sadness from being on display. "i was just talking to mr kang about you."

maira couldn't stop herself from widening her eyes in surprise as he casually mentioned the one thing she wished to erase from her memories. "about me?" she questioned.

"well, you and yeosang," mr kang cut into the conversation, sending the girl a warm smile. it made maira wonder if he was faking it, or if it was genuine. "we were thinking of officially announcing your engagement at the launch." he continued. "it would make great publicity for both families." he added, eyeing maira's father who nodded in agreement.

although he hated to admit it, the two families coming together wouldn't just bring publicity, but their numbers would skyrocket. it's probably the best mistake they've ever made, as much as maira refused to believe it.