― 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

"one witness won't be enough." mingi began, the two of them going through maira's court case that they were preparing for which was later that day. "are you sure there wasn't anyone else who wanted to speak up?" he questioned. the girl frowned, shaking her head.

"they're victims who have lost their parents, children or loved ones, it isn't easy stepping forward to talk about that with the murderer present." she explained. a lot of the families that she had met hadn't exactly welcomed maira with welcoming arms. many of them were distraught as they were reminded of their trauma, screaming at the girl who was the daughter of a murderer, who ruined their lives. there was no way maira could ask them to appear in court as a witness.

mingi nodded in understanding, knowing that the girl hasn't had it easy for the past few weeks. with her wedding coming up next week and her court case tomorrow, all whilst dealing with the said victims of her father's crimes ― she hasn't had any time to do anything for herself, let alone breathe.

"let's just focus on the numbers," she continued, bringing up the account books of her father's company for the past ten or so years. "this is more than enough to testify his embezzlement case as well as his recent work with the ai technology." she explained as mingi flicked through, nodding his head in agreement. "and there's one more charge i want to press against him." she added, catching his attention as he looked up at her, wondering what else the man could've done.

"one more?"

"domestic abuse." mingi's eyes widened in surprise, wondering if he had heard right. before he could question the girl, a knock at the door sounded, catching their attention as they turned to find hongjoong stood at the door. 

"sorry to interrupt, but there's someone here to see you." the boy stepped aside to reveal a young girl who maira recognised immediately. "bora." maira stood up from her desk, walking over to the girl who seemed surprised.

"you know my name?" she questioned as maira guided her in, giving her a seat on the sofa. 

"of course," maira sat down across from the girl. "is there anything i can help with? did you need anything more?" she questioned the girl. bora was looking around, noticing mingi who was still sat at maira's desk, staring at the pair curiously.