― 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

the drive was silent. not the awkward silence that made you rack your brain quickly to try and find a topic of conversation, but the type of silence where it was okay to not say a word and just enjoy the moment. it weirded maira out. 

although, it wasn't bothering her as much as she expected it to, also wondering why yeosang hadn't tried to start an argument with her as she kept her gaze fixed outside the window. she hadn't realised that yeosang had been stealing glances of her the whole journey.

"sokcho?" maira's eyebrows knitted together as they drove past the sign that greeted them. turning towards yeosang, she was surprised to see how nervous he looked. his eyes were focused on the road, with both hands on the steering wheel busily nibbling on his lower lip. she would've thought it was his first time driving or something, not realising that his nerves were caused by her. maira couldn't help but appreciate his side profile, the way his hair fell into his eyes, and it didn't help that his sleeves were rolled up and showing off his veins―

what the hell. maira's eyes widened, gently shaking her head off the thoughts, but it seemed that yeosang had noticed from the corner of his eye.

"what's wrong?" he questioned, wondering why she was suddenly shaking her head at him. 

"nothing." she quickly responded, turning away from him as she could feel her cheeks burning up. yeosang stole a quick glance, wondering if the silence had been bothering her the whole ride. not that it mattered much anymore since they were approaching their destination. maira was busy trying to convince herself that there was nothing wrong in appreciating yeosang's visuals as the boy parked the car.

"we're here." he caught the girl's attention with his simple words, maira looking up to figure out where yeosang had brought her. 

"the beach?" she questioned, but the boy was already exiting the car. maira, not knowing what to do in this moment, simply watched as he opened the boot, seeming to grab something before making his way over to her side after closing it back up.

"you need me to open your door too?" he teased, raising an eyebrow at the girl after opening the door and leaning against the car's frame. maira ignored his question, her eyes falling to his hands which were holding a picnic basket. she lifted her gaze back up to him, wondering if he was being serious.