― 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱.

"when i ask to meet someone, i didn't mean in the setting of a nightclub." maira complained, holding onto yeosang's arm tightly as they made their way through the busy crowd. yeosang was quick to notice her discomfort and wrapped his arm around her waist before guiding her towards the vip lounge that he knew his friends would be at.

"sorry, but the guys are always here." he tried to explain himself as they approached a group of people. maira simply sighed in response, dropping the topic as they walked past the booths. although she was surprised to see a familiar face in the sea of unfamiliar faces.

"what the? park seonghwa?" the said boy turned his head at the sound of his name, his eyes widening in surprise when he saw the familiar face of his best friend.

"maira! what are you doing here?" the boy questioned, standing up and giving her a hug as maira left yeosang's side briefly to return it.

"just to see someone," she answered. "what about you?" she fired back as they pulled away from one another. "i didn't think i'd see you in this type of setting." she added, looking around as she could feel the bass booming louder than before as a hypertensive song began playing. 

"oh? ah, yeah well since i'm not working as much as before, so the boys invited me out to wind down." seonghwa explained, having to shout over the music just to be heard. "plus, you can't say no to jung wooyoung." he added with a shrug.

"you know him?" maira questioned in surprise. 

"do you?" seonghwa responded, also equally surprised.

"what a small world." she mumbled to herself as seonghwa was being called by his friends. "could you take us to wooyoung and san?" she questioned, pulling his attention back. glancing behind him, he peered for the two boys before turning back to maira.

"come on." he nodded for the both of them to follow him as they moved to a more secluded area, finally leaving the loud bass booming music that was making maira's ears bleed. she was definitely the type of person who preferred quiet, peaceful bars where she could enjoy the sweetness of the alcohol she was drinking. clubs were just too much, and she definitely didn't appreciate the random people grinding on her as she walked past.