― 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

[ where the story begins ]

"here." swiping her card, she accepted the receipt with a smile before grabbing the bag full of all the products she had just bought. a content sigh escaped her lips as she peered inside, the shoes that she had been dying for in the last ten minutes since she had seen it in the window whilst walking past a shop, sat comfortably inside the designer bag ― a gift to herself, from herself.

pulling the handles of the bag together, she turned to her secretary and handed him the bag before walking off. the man's eyes widened in surprise as he hurriedly did his best to catch up with her, balancing another bag that was added on top of the five he was already hanging onto. 

"maira, didn't your father tell you to calm down the spending?" hongjoong questioned, trying to catch his breath at the same time as the girl continued to endlessly walk through the shopping centre. her strides were long as her heels clicked against the tiled floor and any bystander walking past could easily tell that the girl was drowning in money, as she easily oogled at all the branded items that were displayed in windows ― brands that no ordinary person would ever dare to even glance at.  

"hongjoong, wouldn't this look good as a gift for my father's launch?" she questioned, completely ignoring his question as the expensive watch had caught her attention. "come on." she wasted no time in entering the shop with hongjoong tiredly following behind, dreading the thought of another purchase being added to his weight. although maira was clearly shorter than hongjoong, she definitely had quicker legs than the boy, but to be honest, she didn't have a gazillion bags weighing her down at least.

"miss jeon!" the store assistants were quick to recognise the girl, hurrying to attend to her as she ignored their greeting, instead focusing on the line of watches. her eyes wondered along the counter, the display of expensive, branded watches shining as they reflected off the bright lights in the store. of course, it was the most expensive one sat in there that caught her attention.

"this one." she pointed to the one that she had seen in the shop's front window, turning to the store assistant who gave her a polite smile, his hands brought together as he nodded his head. 

"an excellent choice, of course, it's no surprise that you can spot a one of a kind from a distance." he praised, causing maira to smirk ― his flattery of course had no affect on her, but she did always find it amusing how they all almost always said the same thing to her. "is it a gift? we can get it wrapped up for you as a service―"