― 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

"maira," the said girl turned away from the boy sat before her, lifting her gaze to meet the person who had barged into her office. "what the hell is this?" hongjoong slammed the paper on her table, both her and her guest staring at the document that she had sent hongjoong last night.

mingi stared at the document, fully aware of what it contained as he had visited maira today for the purpose of all of this, especially since tomorrow was the day of the launch. he had to make the final arrangements to make sure that she'd be okay with all of this, however he didn't expect to get caught in the middle of their argument.

"please tell me this is some twisted joke?" hongjoong questioned, waiting for the girl to say something. however, she remained silent, continuing to stare ahead as she was afraid to meet hongjoong's gaze. she knew that it would be perceived as a rash decision, but truly, maira had always thought of doing something like this. the fear of disappointing her father had held her back, but now she didn't give a shit.

now she had nothing to lose.

"i'm doing it." she confirmed with a nonchalant shrug, trying her best to remain cool. hongjoong groaned, throwing his head back as he struggled to understand the girl. "there's nothing to get worked up over, i'll be fine―"

"fine?!" hongjoong cut the girl off, raising his voice at her. "are you crazy? you haven't been fine since your mother left and you're throwing away your only coping mechanism down the drain! do you seriously think this is the solution to everything?" 

maira's eyes widened in surprise. she couldn't believe the words that came out of hongjoong's mouth. the one thing she had been trying so hard to supress and erase from her history, he had used that against her. "coping mechanism?" she stood up from her chair, facing hongjoong head on. "do you think i can't survive without this? that i'm not capable of living without my father's dirt on my hands?" 

hongjoong groaned once again, running his hands down his face.

"you know that isn't what i meant―"